Starting my new waiting job tomorrow and feeling worried? Please help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope you are all well.

I'm 25 studying a masters and starting my part time job tomorrow. It is at a restaurant which is Lebanese and are becoming quite popular.

I'm just worried I might not be great, make mistakes and miscommunications with colleagues.

How do I overcome this and take it in my stride?

Thanks for any advice.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck tomorrow Adame! Try not to worry too much - I'm sure you will be fine as you are the one who was chosen for this job. Don't be late (leave yourself plenty of time) - the first impression you make can be a lasting one. Listen to instructions; if you're not sure about anything, then ask. They won't mind you asking more than once, if it helps to avoid any mistakes. If any mistakes do occur, apologise & try to put things right as soon as you can. When I'm eating out, I like it if the staff are efficient & seem relaxed & happy - it makes for a pleasant environment. I hope your first day goes really well. Let us know how u get on :-)

• Posted

So how was your first day buddy? It will get better from here :-)
    • Posted

Hi Digsby

Thanks soo much for keeping an update with me I'm really thankful.

It was OK and not as bad as I first thought. I was a bit nervous though for half of the day but improved slightly by the evening of my shift.

The day after the boss called me and said he will get in touch next week for if and when I am needed as they r only really busy in the evenings and weekends.

Now I just hope I can get this job to support myself during my studies if you know what I mean.

Hope to hear soon

• Posted

Well done! That sounds really positive. It's completely natural to feel nervous until you find your confidence & then you'll take it all in your stride. Good luck - let us know how things progress :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.