Starting new Meds....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi can anyone help me? I have started a new set of Meds today (25mg of sertraline) I know it takes 3-4 weeks to get in your system, but can I still a diazepan if I feel really bad in this period?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Richard...Sometimes when you start on new meds, you will get a lot of weird feelings like dizziness, nausea, etc., but don't give up, sweetie..You will get better in just a few days, as your body adjusts...It will give your brain more seratonin, which makes you feel normal again...Hugs, and good luck...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Of course...the pharmacy or chemist (wherever you are)...would let you know if you were taking medications that don't mix. 

I take Citalipram (sertraline) and an anxiety meds...its fine.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Richard I'm on 175mg of sertraline and I use diazepam to help with my anxiety xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Richard

You can and I have taken diazepam on every increase for a few days until any side effects of the increased antidepressant pass.

You will find them helpful xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Richard, first of all the responder Misssy2 below has said that Citalopram is Sertraline. The brand name is CeleXA and Citalopram and Sertraline are two separate drugs. Check it out yourself. I have suffered from Clinical Depression for nearly 40 years but only in the last couple of years as it taken hold again with me being off for a year from May 2013 to May 2014. During my time off I'll I was put on different drugs to try to find on that helped. I was on Citalopram when I first went off then moved back onto Velafaxine but I reacted badly to it. I was then put onto Mertazipine but put a lot of weight on so was changed to Sertraline but I ended up having hallucinations and bad dreams and was changed to Duloxitine but I felt it didn't help much. So as you can see you need to be careful with your meds and that a lot of the time GPs are using trial and error to find what might suit. Do not mix and match antidepressants as you might end up worse off. I have Psychiatric sessions every few weeks and recently it was suggested that I move from Duloxotine to a tricyclic anti depressant called Lofepramine and at last I seem to have found meds that work. Everyone is different but always seek your GP's help as going onto a forum may lead you up the garden path (but can be helpful too) but just be careful. Square Chin
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up