starting orlisat

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ive just joined up to this site, i first started taking the blueys jan last year, i used to come onto the site to look a what others was doing but never joined, i lost 2 stone in my first month and the then weight dropped off slowly i stopped taking them in july last year as i got fed up with feeling unwel i put it down to these as i was ok before i started. i have started taking these again just over 2 weeks ago, as i put most of the weight back on i lost last year. my first wiegh in is 17th march i cant wait. good luck to all!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I am also relatively new to the site, but the people on here are very nice, they even listen to my moaning.

:roll:

Good luck :D

• Posted

thank you and good luck! i will update when i have my first weigh in.
  • Posted

Welcome to the group!!

Wow 2 stone in a month? That was quick lol i lost 4kg monday, could of done with 2 stone tho lol!

Good luck

• Posted

hi sian weldone on your wieght loss! thats great! :D

it was good to lose 2 stone in my first month last year, but because i lost it fast, i put it all back on fast sad

ive got my first wiegh in on the 17th of march im looking fowards to it.

i will update once i have been and hopefuly it will be goood news! smile

goodluck with the rest of your journey keep up the goodwork!! :D

• Posted

Hiya,

Yeh we have all been there, putting the weight back on etc...hopefully this is me for life smile

Keep us all updated with ur progress!

Good luck to you too!

• Posted

Welcome and good luck with your weigh in on Thurs. As you can see I am losing the weight quite slowly but it's the longest I've gone for years without going back up. I was a bit down at my last weigh in as I have been eating well but I've been feeling tired and not doing my Wii fit. My doc says he knows it's more difficult to lose weight in the winter as the weather is not good for walking etc but he says now the spring is here he expects me to lose weight quicker again. He has I should do something he refers to unacknowledged exercise, things you can do in your day to day life that you don't realise is helping. He says things may take a little longer to do but will all help. He has banned me from using lifts or escalators when out shopping, I must park as far away as possible in the supermarket car park (as opposed to as near as possible as I do now) and wash my car myself rather than take to the car wash. He said the latter uses more then 250 cals.

He has made me very determined to prove him right.

• Posted

hi sally weldone on your wieght loss keep up the good work! :D

i know its hard but it will all be worth while in the end :D

thank you

• Posted

Hi I am new to this site. The doctor put me on orlistat about a month ago and i hvnt even started taking them yet because people hv told me different things you need to do which it dsnt state in the patient leaflet so I am scared that i will do it wrong and then suffer the horrible consequences. I would be grateful if anyone can guide me through the process please so i can get started.

Thanks JO

• Posted

Hi Jo

Best advice i can give is to have a good read through this forum, lots of people have been in the same boat as you, theres tons of help and support, you should find the answers to your questions on here just spend a bit of time having a look. If you cant find the answer to something, ask and someone should be able to help, we're a pretty friendly bunch smile

• Posted

hiya Jo!

Welcome!

I was in your shoes just under 2 months ago, i had no idea, gp didnt really tell me much - luckily i found this site and its brilliant, take a few hours to read through as much as possible, jot some stuff down even and like sparkles says if u have a question ask away smile

Good luck

• Posted

Hi the doc gave me the tabs about 5 wks ago but didnt give me any info at all, then i heard there is more to it than just eating low fat , for instance how much fat are you meant to have in a day is it meant to be spread out and when you look o the labels do you look at fat per 100gr or per portion the amount you r eating and is it total fat or sat fat, plus how many cals r you meant to have in a day and is that per 100g or per total. Im just so confused and is there anything else i need to be counting. I cant believe the doc didnt give me any advice. Need help i want to start the tablets and get going on my weight loss journey.

Thanks jo

• Posted

Hi, the advice I've picked up from here is you count the overall fat in what you are eating, not just sat fat or per 100g. Limit it to 30g a day when nyou are taking the tabs and you should avoid the side affects. A guide is to split the fat 5g breakfast, 10g lunch and 15g evening meal, although you might want to have slightly less if you want some snacks, unless they are snacks with no fat in of course. Good to drink green tea, but it is a bit of an acquired taste. Drink plenty of water. Good to keep an eye on the calories as well if you can as you will struggle to lose weight if you go overboard.

I am sure others with have plenty more advice but I have learnt the above as the basics. I really don't think most doctors are very aware of how to take the tablets, like you all my doc said was avoid things like Bacon and sausages.

Oh, one other thing, if you do have a special occassion that you want to enjoy or have no control over the food then leave that days tablets off. I'm not trying to encourage you not take them, it's just we all have times that the tabs just don't fit in with. Hope this is helpful and all the best

• Posted

It's just as sally says. make sure you use the FAT when looking at the labels tho, i used the satuarted fats at first, i thought wow i can have loads lol then i discovered its the fat not sat fat!

Example- if a packet of chicken breast says 4g fat per breast and ur having 2 then your gonna be eating 8gs altogether(no mater wot it says per 100g unless you want to start weighing everything )

If a pack of rice says 3g per half pack and you want the whole pack then you double it so you will be eating 6g of fat......

Hope that helpsĀ¬

Also as sally says try keeping a couple of grams from your allowance so you can have a snack - it really helps

sian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.