starting orlistat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have to loose 2.5 stone before dec for an operation i have lost just under 1.5 stone so to help the dr has prescribed orlistat, there are no guidelines that i can find or examples of recipies or diets to follow so i have started a low cal less than 1500 n low fat less than 45g /day ,but have not started the tablets i am worried i may get caught short , i have a very busy life , working, taking kids places n doing hobbies . i am not always in close vicinity to a toilet so am worried about starting them . does anyone have any suggestions, Please? also how long after you've eaten do the effects happen?

Thanks. neutral

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi ive bben on them a week now and have had no side effects....

u wont get any if u stick to the '' low fat regime'' ive never been on a better '' diet'' ....

someone will come along and give u loads of ideas i went on the xenical web site and theres lots on there that will help u.....its a bit american so u can easly convert stuff....etc

i had a reply on here last week...

and was advised have up-to 5 gms of '' fat'' breakfast

no more than 10 for lunch

no more than 15 for dinner

snack a jacks and go ahead are great for snacks...

ive had no running to the loo...no ''orange stuff'' and lost 4lbs in my 1 st week...

i did start on skimmed milk too but gone back on semi....why deperive myself...

so good luck and get on them....

• Posted

you need to stick to no more than 30g's of full fat a day and no more than 15g's of full fat at anyone sitting.

drink lots of water, try and drink some green tea as this helps break down the fat.

As Leo says I use the split grams as stated and as generally don't get to the full quota for the meal I manage to get a few \"treats\" in during the day like snack a jacks, go ahead bars to stave off any hunger pains which to be honest I don't get but just sometimes feel like something sweet

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for replying it has been really useful. took my 1st tablet tonight so see how i go!!

• Posted

and......amazingly......after my 1st full week...no hunger pains....no chocolate cravings either
  • Posted

[quote:b05a764be8=\"leo-the-lion\"]and......amazingly......after my 1st full week...no hunger pains....no chocolate cravings either[/quote:b05a764be8]

you may not believe this but after not having \"proper\" chocolate for about 3mths you really cannot stomach the taste if you do have some. I tried a little bit around Easter time after starting in January and I can honestly say it was vile. Chocolate snack a jacks or WW's chocolate desserts are the only chocolate things I can stomach these days

• Posted

strange isnt it.....after a week on a '' diet'' ( without tablets ' that is for example w.w or s.w)and belive me ive done em all ----- apart from finger down throat ----- dont fancy that one - i dont actually want any choc at the moment....nor am i rootin around for somehat to eat....

so for just over a week now ive been having my 3 meals a day and my 3 tablets and a go ahead at night with fruit...and im fine...no accidents or whatever...and im gobsmacked at when i go shopping the FAT in foods that ive been shovin in me mouth for yrs...now im more aware of waht im buying......will i stick to it...ask me in a month or 2....as far as i know i need to make this work for my own benefit

and my uniform/jacket is a little slacker and feelin comfy smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.