Starting Orlistat next week!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Starting Orlistat next week recommended by my GP, as been stuggleing to loose weight after having my daughter just over a year ago! Was just wondering what peoples results have been like?

Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kelseylou

They have worked for me i was 19.5 stone size 24 and just over a year later i wear a size 12. You do have to eat right otherwise they will not work. If you have any questions about them just post back plus i have a blog which is helpful for newbies.

Good Luck x

• Posted

Hi Brittanyspears,

I have started on oralistat and just joined the forum, would you be so kind as to send me your guidance, and your blog page addresss please?

following surgery last year and the subsequent recovery time, lack of exercise , quitting smoking, I have put 4 stone on, I have been taking the tablets for about 3 weeks and haven't lost any weight so far! 

Any help would be gratefully received

thank you in advance

verna 

• Posted

Hi Verna

I will PM you my blog as we cannot post links. I quit smoking a year before i started these and turned to even more chocolate so i know where your coming from!. Have you been weighed yet? i thought i had lost nothing when i went for my first weigh in but had infact lost over a stone so please don't give up

Your welcome

Britney

X

• Posted

Thank you, it will be another four weeks before I officially weigh in as there was some confusion when I went for my repeat prescription - my GP hadn't provided the practice nurses with my start weight ! 

All I was told was not to eat fat, I have learnt more today from this forum and from your support than anyone and any where else. confused

• Posted

Hi Verna,

Lets be honest as i have said several times gp/nurses they don't care it's easier for them just to write out a prescription than take 10 minutes just to explain the ins and outs of them. You can eat fat just make sure it's no more than 5g per 100g no more than 15g a meal and 45g in total a day. You don't need a weighing scales etc i have never used once and it hasn't done me any harm at all!

Infact i did actually buy one from Argos and used it twice last week it's back in the box now i think some people get put off thinking you have to weigh everything you don't just eat healthily and you will be fine.

We are all in the same boat no matter what weight we start at and are presently at.

Like you i got no help from the Dr and swore as soon as i knew what to eat i would post on a forum so here i am.

Good Luck for your journey you will get there

Britney

X

• Posted

Thank you, feel like I am really starting my journey now. The rules will be beneficial, I have checked out the tips on your blog too - all great advice.

like you I always share and help others when I can, it's a blessing to find the same in you! 

Kindest regards

Verna 

• Posted

Hi lovely 

been on the blue bullets for 4 weeks lost 1st 6lbs so far, I do Slimming World as well to help with food choices and extra support.

Good luck my lovely xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.