Starting Sertraline 50mg and Propranolol 40mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

After suffering with depressions for about 10years and anxiety for the last 2years I decided to visit my doctors today. Didnt really have a choice after having a panic attack at work it was hard to hide it anymore. Anyone else been put on these two meds and what was your side affects?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

propranol is awsome paula,dosent take long to kick in,its a bit crazy at first as you still exspect the panic and jumping legs so forth that you are acustom to but once you realise you fine you will start feeling awsome trust me,u will still have bad days but who dosent??? depressed or not,you will be fine
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I am on sertraline but on the 150 mg dose.  I can't remember if I got any side effects when I started off on the 100 mg dose but now I get a dry mouth and nasty dreams.  It doesn't mean you will though as we are all different.  I hope you start feeling a lot better soon.  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Paula,

I was on 50mg sertraline for a year, no side effects. Went up to 100mg a few weeks ago, felt drowsy and tired for up to a week but i powered through that and it was good because it gave me a really blank, deep sleep. No other side effects, sertraline is usually the first AD a doctor puts someone showing symptoms of depression on because its known as the gentlest.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was prescribed Prozac first then Mirtazapine.  Sertraline was third time lucky.  I still take a very low dose of mirtazapine at night as well which helps me sleep.  x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up