Starting to get really frightened

Posted , 3 users are following.

My anxiety symptoms are not getting any better and it's really starting to freak me out. Today my IBS has been awful and im convinced i had some black things in my stool which is making me over think, i've been lightheaded, shaky with pins and needles and headachy all day and now ive started to have chest pains and im breathing really heavily. I dont know how I can chill out as when I'm on my own its all I can think about! Im petrified im going to die and im convinced ive got a brain tumor and bowel cancer after watching all the stand up to cancer stories on tv. Help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

While you are in early stages of recovery chick your mind is very vulnerable and you will find triggers everywhere. Now I'm not saying avoid things forever but it's best at first to stay off google,not watch any health or medical related programmes or the news.

Further down the line you will be able to watch these things no probs but right now you are not strong enough.

Now there isn't a perfect poo...they are all different..colours,shapes and textures depending on our diet. Occasionally they have bits in them,it is food after all!!

The bodily sensations are all typical symptoms of anxiety. Please tell yourself over and over "This is just anxiety,nothing more and it cannot hurt me"!!! I'm pretty positive that all you are experiencing is due to your IBS and anxiety. 

It feels horrific I know sugar but it cannot hurt you xx

• Posted

Thank you so  much for your reply, i try and keep telling myself "im only 20, its anxiety im fine" but its just so scary sad xx
    • Posted

I know it is chick but I promise you that it is anxiety. 

You feel something,the anxiety starts to build and brings along with it negative thoughts which in your case concerns yor health. 

It will go away. You've probably had a period of stress which has triggered this episode of anxiety. Just keep reminding yourself that the thoughts are created by a anxious mind and if you had then thoughts normally you would just shrug them off and move on. 

Try and find things to distract yourself...things that need a bit of focus to help take your mind from off yourself xx

• Posted

Oh my gosh sweety, I've been going through the same thing all day today. I've been feeling extremely dizzy when I stand, tightness in my chest, heart palpitations and this over all feeling of feeling very ill. my arms and legs been shaky its been terrible! As far as the black things in your stool, try not to be too alarmed by that. I've been dealing with servere constipation for the past 5 months and finally got my hands on Miralax this month which has helped me out so much, but I too have witnessed these black like specks in my stool and started freaking out thinking that I might have paracites. Today I've noticed I've lost some weight and started freaking out a bit and thinking about the paracites again, my stool has been a golden brownish color which has me worried too, but I know its just my head over working its self! I know what its like honey just please hang in there, you are not fighting this alone!

Have you tried laying down? I've been in bed now for about an hour and all my symptoms have improved alot. I pray to god I dont feel this way by tomorrow though, being anxious all flippen day is NOT fun..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.