Staying positive but its hard.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started Citalopram 20 mg last Friday so today is number 4 I still have allot anxiety even though today was a little better. My nausea from not eating and every little twitch, spasm and pain makes me think something is wrong and sets me into panic. I was on Citalopram for years and quit 6 months ago and now back on it.  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Starting citlaopram can heighten all your anxieties, stick with it tho!!

When you were on it for 6 years did your again disappear??

I'm on Citalopram for the 2nd time and have been on in 8 weeks and my anxiety comes and goes

Will it get better ??

• Posted

To be honest when I was on it before my anxiety would come and go when I was drinking. Like after a big drinking binge
    • Posted

Hi sparkly, I'm on week 7, still findinit really tough. Week 6 I was a bit better but this week anxiety and depression have been hell.im trying to stick it out but cant bear feeling like this much more.
    • Posted

Stick with is Sparkly,

It will get better...you have been making some progress x x

• Posted

I know what you mean, I was off alcohol for 6 weeks while the tablets where kicking in but now with the lead up to Christmas I have been having a few drinks every now and then and certainly my anxiety is more apparent but I don't want to not be able to have a drink over Christmas time 
  • Posted

It took me near 8 weeks to feel any benefit from escitalopram, citalopram's very close relative, need stay at it
  • Posted

Day 4 is such early days zman...in 2 weeks you should start to see side effects decrease...just stick with it and keep posting...there is always someone here with great advise x x
    • Posted

Not the answer I was hoping for lol Even if i had it in my system 6 months for 7 years?
    • Posted

I have no idea about that one zman...i would imagine it would be completely out of your system in 6 months...i coupd be wrong...just remember you are doing the hardest part now.

How long have you been in Saudi?? Where are you originally from? I you dont mind me asking 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.