Std genital herpes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had two igg and 2 igm herpes test. One was about 3 weeks after possible exposure the other was 9 weeks after possible exposure. They both came back negative. I spoke to my ob after the 9 weeks test and said I dont have anything to worry about. That it’s been enough time for the tests. I know you might say listen to the doctor. But I just want to be sure, I’m stressing myself out. Has anyone had a change of results after 9 weeks.. Thank you.  I have not had any visible out teams or blisters. Just pain in back of upper tights and groin area.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What are Igg and igm tests for herpes? What are they supposed to tell you?
    • Posted

They are antibodies. I don’t really understand it myself. I’ve been told it can take up to 16 weeks for someone to have enough detectable antibodies. 
  • Posted

If you had genital herpes you would have flu like symptoms during your first break out. You would have developed razor bump-like bumps about 7/8 days after possible exposure. 
    • Posted

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen any. But just been freaking myself out. I’ve been checked since by about 5 different drs. Days apart from each other and they’ve never mentioned anything. I’ve just had pain around my groin and legs and under buttcheeks, but no sores. 
    • Posted

If you had contracted herpes you would have already had an outbreak. 

• Posted

It is my understanding that blood tests can only show if you have been exposed. It can lay dormant in your system for the rest of your life. The only guarantee to know what it is, is to see your dr during an outbreak. Also stress can trigger an outbreak as well as quite a few things. Might as well just live and enjoy your life..
    • Posted

Do you know how soon I can get tested for an an accurate result. I’ve had 2. One 3 weeks after possible exposure for both igg and igm and again 9 weeks later for both. That’s he thing I’ve been stressed for 3 months do I would have thought I’d already have an outbreak and I haven’t. 
  • Posted

You may not ever get a break out. Many people are simply carrier and never get a breakout. There is no test that can tell you if you actually will have a breakdown to my knowledge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.