STD test next week please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear all,

I had two encounters in the last two weeks, again a stupid mistake and hopefully I will learn this time. 10 days ago I had protected oral sex from a sex worker and we had intercourse for around 5 minutes with a condom. I still had the condom on as I didn't ejaculate and still have it with me. No holes. I was intoxicated but I remember the details 

Another time 3 days ago with another sex worker I received oral sex but now I'm extremely worried. I feel a little sore down maybe it's due to the oral sex pressure but will doing a full test Monday give me the necessary or will it be a waste of money as full tests do not come cheap. Would I get accurate results? I'm very worried 

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Could just be an STI and not an STD. Some antibiotics should be able to clear you right up tho.. Other than being sore do you notice any skin abraisions or a rash? Urination feel different? More detail will allow a better understanding if you may or may not have contracted an STD.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. For now nothing no rash or different urination. However one encounter was around 10'days ago and the other was three days ago. 

Would doing the test Monday be a good idea or will it not determine much?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's not clear if you were using a condom with both encounters, but if you were, there's almost no chance you could have picked up an STI.  Even if you had oral sex without a condom, it's highly unlikely you'd have picked up an STI.  Depending on where you were, it's usually safer to have sex with a sex worker than someone you meet in a bar btw, since sex workers are usually very health-conscious and tested regularly.

Personally, I wouldn't get tested in your position, but I wouldn't try to talk you out of it.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you do see a doctor, then if you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think your going to be find! That fact that you use a condom, you should be okay!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up