Step back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have depression and GAD on propanolol and citalopram 10 mg. I have been doing so well past few days them feeling panicky all over again

Wondering if it's normal to have set backs

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Certainly is my friend. Just try to remember you have had good days and possibly look into what triggers your anxiety. It also depends on how long you have been on the antidepresents. If it's a month or so it's like a roller coaster. Keep using this forum on your bad days as it helps to let how you feel out I the open.

• Posted

Thanks Alan

So hard feels no way out. Been on meds prob about a month wondering if I need higher dose. Can't seem to control it anxiety taking over everything just now.

Feel I have no fight left

Thanks for taking time to reply Alan

• Posted

I'm on prozac and having a major setback right now. I've been on for almost 11 weeks. Last week and the week before were pretty decent and then all of a sudden it started creeping back in until it was full blown again. If you only been on a month it can definitely happen. I was all over the place the first month, it actually got worse at first.

• Posted

of course setbacks will happen. ..Aside from the medicine are you making any other changes in your lifestyle? Therapy? Learning self calming skills? 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa

Waiting on therapy 3 month waiting list. Trying meditation and breathing techniques but anxiety seems to take over bloody horrible disease can't see any light at end of tunnel just now.

Thanks for your reply

Take care

• Posted

Absoutely, darling Me. There are good days and challenging days, even good month and challenging months. If what you really want to know is if it is normal....YES.wink

• Posted

Thank you Cia

Really worried was doing so well. This anxiety crap is scary

Thanks for replying

Take care😃

• Posted

Is it normal to have them even after being on for almost 3 months? Curious as I've had quite a setback just when I was feeling better.

• Posted

always it's normal to have setbacks. We would not be human otherwise.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.