Steroid side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm taking prednisolone for a chest infection. I think they are helping with my breathing but I'm feeling a bit shaky and nauseous. Has anyone else experienced this. Don't want to stop taking them if they are helping.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So the last time I was put on 60mg and I have been going down slowly to 7 now and each step I go down for 4 to 7 days. I have only one bad side effect still and it’s my eyes, blurred vision. I’m hoping once downnto 5 the vision problem goes away. 
  • Posted

I found prednisone very helpful, but I have clogging now when I exhale and the coped keeps me from having the power to cough the clogged passage clear. Do u or anyone out there have a way to deal with this problem
    • Posted

Have you tried mucus thinners? Might ask your doc or nurse first. I had a pulmo who ignored that exact symptom for several years, and now I have Bronchiectasis. I do a lot of diapgragm-controlled clised-mouth coughing to help get it up if I'm tight. Using nebulized meds can also help.

• Posted

Hey thanks! And also does it get better it's only been four months sense I stopped Smoking on the mucus blocking the airways and to couch mucus up where I have more power, and do u know, if yes around how long, sorry about all the questions but I'm running very scared on what might happen in my future now and I hope it's not combined to my oxygen tanks!😫

• Posted

We are all different, Jay, so while I hope you'll clear that stuff and not have more, I can't say for sure that's what will happen. Talk to yoyr doctor or nurse.

• Posted

Ok thanks so much for your advice and your always welcome to contact me Jay 😇

• Posted

Hi Ja Just try to do  some exercises  lifting your arms and leggs ect. that make it come loose [?]

All the best 

• Posted

Hi  Susan  

I had the same problem  and all the time I was so very down  It was horrible 

But i must admit that prednisone helped me to breath better again 

Lots of luck and all the best Susan

• Posted

Yes, this drug is great BUT it has many many dude effects including eye sight distortion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.