Stick with it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I know that the side effects are mostly sickness, sweats and tiredness. The sickness does pass with time but can take awhile. As for being tired i find this as well but i just cant sleep since iv been on them. Im awake all night and find myself starting to fall asleep about 6/7pm but after about a hour or two im wide awake again. I asked for sleeping tablets off my doctor again but he didnt want to give me them. Any advise on how to get my sleep patten back again?

Thank you and keep strong everyone

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

none im afraid i think we just have to wait it out.. ive been tring hot baths or showers in the evening... it means i now get about 6 hours sleep but im still exhausted throughout the day! i just have no emotion towards anyone, even my boyfriend, feel lke i dont wanna be around him anymore and that hes the cause of all this... its not a nice feeling! good luck sleeping!
  • Posted

thanks for your reply. I felt like that around my girlfriend too its so weird what we go through and what these tablets do to us.
  • Posted

I am totally exhausted all the time at the moment, averaging about 5/6 hours a night, and very vivid dreams, about things I have done or people I have been with, it is as if I am reliving the events of the day.

Day 15 tomorrow and the nausea has vanished and the headaches are no longer always there, still have very little appetite, but I am managing small meals. No emotion whatsoever, everything a chore at the moment.

• Posted

im the same rachel just now i still cry everyday and i feel i cant cope. its not nice to feel like this i wish i was just normal like most folk. Im struggling to speak to people, i just want to hide in bed watching dvds on my own. My break up with my ex is also really hurting me and making me worse.
  • Posted

Hi Nikki, i am with you on this, I have been on flu since October, i have bee searching my entire life for causes of this depression, you are as it sounds you have found your cause or one of them at least, which is a start to the road to recovery, as with all things there must be a cause, well done for recognising your downfall, all the best with it, chin up smile
  • Posted

Hi Col,

thanks for your message. I dont know what started me on my downward spiral again i wish i did know just like you.. all i do know that my partner leaving me has made me so much worse and im finding it tough to get better without her this time really tough. When i was at my worst before flu i was always wanting to be on my own etc and didnt want to see anyone or my partner but without her im so lonely i hate it. Thank you for your support on here it keeps me going x

• Posted

hi nikki, i think i know where you're coming from. me and my partner split up about 4 months ago. since then she tried to commit suicide, i got a text message at 4 in the morning saying that she'd tried to end it all but didn.t succeed just lost her car, job and flat. and was i happy now. report just in the paper saying she was more than twice over the limit and banned from driving for 2 years. i've been on flu for about a week, just hope it'll work. i hate feeling like this, moreso because i didn't cause the break-up that's given me a break-down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.