Sticking to the Social Norm

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just a question i am wondering. Does anyone here with anxiety find it hard to fit in with normal social standards. Do you feel like you want to be better or do something different to everyone else around you? I think this is what is causing my anxiety. The fact that i want to do something amazing and different in life but i don't have a clue what it is! I just feel that i try to stick to social standards to make everyone happy but it doesnt make me happy, it just makes me feel trapped. Does anyone else get this feeling? Anyone had any success stories with finding their way in life?

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I want to make something of myself yeah. But I find myself often lethargic and I think that adds to my anxiety because I can go a day or two without actually doing anything productive. 

Dunno how old you are but only one person going to make you happy and that's you. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yeh! thats exactly how i feel too. i just can sit around for days. i try to explore all different things and enjoy doing lots of things but cant just stick to one thing. i crave excitement or something new i think and its just not practical in society but i can't get past it.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm still finding my way. . .but I think I kind of know what you mean. Definitely anyways I used to either pretend I was happy and not be able to be myself with people. Then other times I felt like I didn't fit in, couldn't identify with people's jokes and stuff. Like felt totally out of sync with what was going on. . . maybe that's not what you mean. 

I know what you mean about wanting more in your life though. I have also felt that too but now I'm trying to just focus on each day at a time now! 

I have come to realise that I don't have to have my life worked out and that it can actually be exciting to take it as it comes :D 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up