Sticky/Waxy skin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

My skin gets incredibly sticky/greasy/waxy when wet, it’s  becoming impossible to shower, shave and wash hands etc

I’ve had it progressively for about 4 years now. I go through 4 towels to get dry after washing but my skin ends up sore also because of the sticky film. Feel it around my mouth, nose, eyes also.

Seen a dermatologist, my doctor and they just say it’s normal from sweat! It’s not normal, someone please help I’m in despair over it, nobody believes me either it awful.

Anyone have this or any advice? It’s slowly driving me insane.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You probably have to start investigating rare skin conditions , rare disease , parasites , tropical diseases .

Remember that doctors usually remember the many common diseases ,not the rare types , I never heard about your skin condition , you could scrape off some sample of your "film" and have it tested under the microscope.

• Posted

Thank you, it’s very difficult in the UK to get a GP to look into anything other than the basics.

Anyone with something complex just seems to have to suffer.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.