Stiff toe

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

when I flex my big toe upwards it feels as though there is some sort if barrier and it does not want to do it.Has anyone else experienced this

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! It depends how many weeks post op you are and what you had done!

at 6 wks post op and when I had my plaster casts removed my big toe wouldn't move at all, I started doing ROM exercises 3 times daily and gradually have got full movement back. I am now 15 wks post op. Hope this us helpful. 

• Posted

ROM =Range of Motion

There are some very helpful post-op bunion exercises which you can look up on the web, lots have utube videos which show you what exercises to do and how do do them. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes I did, both moving up and down. I am now 10 weeks post op, it is still there when I move it downwards. It's like there is a ring around the base of your toe. I think it is swelling and scar tissue inside the toe. They will have moved all the tissue when straightening the toe so it's hardly surprising. Amanda
    • Posted

Hi Amanda

I also have the feeling of a tight ring around the base of my toe. I'm 5 weeks post op so hopefully it will soon start to ease off are you walking normally as I seem to be plodding a bit

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Amanda

I also have the feeling of a tight ring around the base of my toe im 5 weeks post op so hopefully it will soon ease off do you know what rom exercises are. Apart from this are you walking normally

Thanks Sharon

• Posted

Yes walking normally. I get a swollen foot at the end of the day but I think that will pass

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.