Stiffness

Posted , 5 users are following.

i know that stiffness is normal working on week 14 this week but is there ever a time knee isn’t stiff like it just is good to go? Or will it always need a warm up. Still not where I need to be but just wondering if in a few months knee is normal feeling?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 9 weeks and sometimes I'm a wee bit stiff when I wake but not always. I think it depends what position I sleep in

• Posted

I am 10 weeks out and a lot of stiffness was eliminateD when I actually bent my knee as though going down stairs in a normal fashion. Was told I broke apart scar tissue by doing this. I have had numerous scopes and a PKR before my total one. It hurt when I forced the bend, but the result was so worth it. I know several people who have done the same. They are now years out, and roll out of bed and just go. Gives me hope I will be the same.. but I would recommend talking to therapist or surgeon before taking matters into your own hands. Everyone is different.
  • Posted

Not for a long while.  Docs say stiffness can last 18 months...or more...although almost all of it is gone in the 12-15 month period IF you have done your exercises.  I'm 20 months and still get a bit from time to time when I've sat at my desk too long.  Nature of the beast...

• Posted

Every one is different. Even though I had gone through 3 scopes and radiation and a synovectomy before my 1st tkr I was pretty flexible and didn't have much trouble after 3-4 months. Subsequent surgeries have tightened up things a lot. Just don't quit working on it. Don't let anyone tell you that change of season, R's o n and col d don't affect movement. For some, me included, those things are real

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.