Still experiencing side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on celexa for the past 8 weeks. ny appetite has come back a bit, but nauseau and fatigue are still here. i have had a gag reflex and nauseu for a couple weeks and have vomited the past couple days, along with tremors in the past week. i am considering going off celexa because it's absurd and freaking me out. any thoughts? my doctor wants me to up to 15 mg but I vomited after having it.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

if you stop now your withdrawal symptoms are going to overwhelm you worst then your current side effects your having now.all ssris have start up side effects.

• Posted

does this get better? i just feel aweful, little dizzy and nauseau keeps coming back, along with fatigue and weakness. i was better a couple weeks ago. trying to eat smaller meals during the day

• Posted

unfortunately for us unlucky ones thats how this medication affects us.but it will get better if you had good days hours or weeks trust and believe they are .working.

• Posted

Hi William, your doctor can give you something to help with sickness and the dizziness if it gets too much. I am suffering with nausea myself at the moment, and am drinking peppermint tea, which is taking the edge of it.

• Posted

hi William, i definitely agree with Lois, stick with it, sounds like their working for you but unfortunately some people like us suffer the horrible rare side effects, i too thought of quiting them around 7 weeks but i listened to advice on hear, now i don't want to come off them because life is so good every day, sometimes i get mood swings but worth it.

• Posted

same with me Chris.i refuse to come off them.to afraid to go back to hell.lol thats how o felt .if hell is what the movies imply that was me without celexa.merry xmas.

• Posted

i used to take celexa at night. when i went back on them i take them at 10am. might switch it up. nauseau and lack of appetite is the hardest thing for me.

• Posted

i also use to take them at night and my sleep was horrible now i take them in the early morning and my sleep did go back to normal.

• Posted

i also use to take them at night and my sleep was horrible now i take them in the early morning and my sleep did go back to normal.

• Posted

i see my doctor tomorrow and my psychiatrist on Friday. i was on 10mg for about 4 weeks and feeling ok and went from 10-20 for about 5 days, left me really lethargic with mood swings. my doctor is having me go to 15 mg now. it's been about about 6 weeks and my nausia and, fatigue, lack of concentration, and low appetite are still strong. tremors are starting to get better. i feel like this could be normal, will this get better over time hopefully? might starting taking my doses at night.

• Posted

sorry. I did about 5 weeks on 10 mg, then switched between 10 and 20 mg a day for a couple days (really bad idea). went back to 10 mg for a couple days and started getting tremors and nausau coming back. my doctor wants me to go to start 15 mg and eventually get to 20 mg. is this all normal? trying to stick to one dose for at least 4 weeks. he thinks my body was tolerating 10mg too much hence the tremors. hoping to find the right dose soon.

• Posted

if you where feeling ok on ten minus a couple of side effects/anxiety symptoms you should of stay on ten.is good not to yoyo too much these meds.and they work so slow.stick to one dose william you will see better results.higher doses does not mean quicker relief for most of the folks on these medications.

• Posted

i think I'm gonna try to stick to 15 mg for a couple weeks. nauseous, tired, and groggy/dizzy in my head. it really sucks

• Posted

want my dizziness and nausea to go away ughh

• Posted

you should go to pharmacy and get sea sickness medication for your nausea and dizziness.

• Posted

i know lois lol, sorry for the late reply its amazing how we were in their shoes and just how we feel now is amazing, hell is the right word in using haha celexa/citalopram life saving medication, but we didnt believe it while going through the side effects ey lois, merry xmas to you too and a happy new year xx

• Posted

hi William, i take them at 11pm every night, i started them abou 2 and a half years ago, and my uncle whose on them told me he sleeps better after a while, but everyone's different, i took them in tge morning to start off, had all sorts of side effects in the day and allways started to feel a bit better at 430pm every day, it was very strange, then all started again next day, horrible, keep on them. good luck

• Posted

Merry Xmas to you.isnt that amazing how we where on the other side but now happy to talk about it .

• Posted

I agree with Lois, if the lower dose was working, stick with that. You will feel terrible with dose changes without giving your body time to adjust.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.