still feel like im going to die

Posted , 3 users are following.

Follwoing my post last night and all the graet advice i got, i still feel like my heart is just going to stop.

my throat and chest are fluttering like mad today and im trying to consentrate on my work..

like now i tirned around to put a piece of paper down and i had an ectopic beat! i yawned and had an ectipoc beat.

Im going out of my mind with worry sad

Can ectopic beats/palpitations stop your heart? are they life theatning?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Imagine you magically met a very ancient and wise being, all seeing and all knowing, what could this being say that would set your heart and mind to rest?
    • Posted

he/she would do all the test needed echo, everything then tell me its not my heart...umtil then i think im going to still think it is.

i feel really bad today, weak, lightheaded, dry mouth, spaced out, keep getting this stange feeling in my throat (flutter maybe) a few ectopics sad

i really am depressed with it

• Posted

Hi I've had missed heartbeats for a long time . However recently I had them all day every day for two weeks. I eventually went to doc......medical issues scare me to death......and was immediately sent for an ecg. It was abnormal. Fast forward a month I've had echocardiogram....structure and function of heart seem fine. A treadmill test.........I am intolerant to exercise!. A 24 hour holter monitor.....showed episodes of missed beats . I have an appointment with cardiologist on 5th October so I reckon nobody is worried except me! I am still having missed beats but not to the same extent. Apparently everyone does though some people feel every one others feel nothing. I'm like you . Have pulling in throat which makes me cough and fluttery feeling. I'm trying to convince myself it's similar to a headache. Feels bad but will probably not kill me. If it was serious I'd be in hospital now! I'm convinced it's all due to anxiety. I wish you well. 
    • Posted

Horrible isn't it! I'm so scared :-( I try and tell myself it's anxiety but it's hard to think that when their happening.

How can anxiety cause physical symptoms like pain and missed beats and palpitations.

Tang the hospital today to see if they have my holter results but they said it will be another 3 weeks. 3 blinking weeks :-(

I want a scan of my heart but they won't give me one.

• Posted

Yep it's awful BUT anxiety causes all these things because of the changes in hormones that stress......fight or flight ..."causes! Console yourself with the thought that if docs won't do a heart scan it's because they believe you don't need one! Ive always said that illness won't kill me but worry will!! I believe that! That's why we need to try and adopt the philosophy of what will be will be! Will one hour of worry add one minute to your life?... Nope but it may well take more than one minute off!! I'm typing this and my heart has been missing beats sice about half seven. It's a pig of an affliction to have! I've had health anxiety since I was 5 that I remember and I'm now 67. I'm still trying to overcome it! I live in hope! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.