Still feeling ill on Citalopram on 2omg

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Do anyone know if it is normal to be sensitive to noise - not want to go outside -when i do i feel like i cannot breath  - all my bones ache -feeling tired  - feeling sick after eating - generally feeling run down like i have never felt before - Has  anyone else gone through any of these systems .

My life is unbearable at the moment ...

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nikki...

How long have you been on them...the side effects can make thimgs worse before they get better...crazy hey??

I take my meds at night and have very little side effects other than the occassional headache...

• Posted

Hi about 12 weeks  -the first itme 4 years and i was getting bad headaches  - i tke mine at night and feel poorly all day 

• Posted

Hi nikki-Yvonne

I had that feeling of absolute tiredness. I'd yawn so much and that in turn made me feel like vomiting. I could barely eat and I didn't want to leave the house because it felt like my safe place.

It does get better though.

How long have you been on citalopram?

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doctor...i thought by 12 weeks thimgs should be getting better...maybe you need a higher dose...i guess they worked for you first time around?

I have been on them for 3 weeks...10mg...second time for me too...hoping they work as well as the first te around x

• Posted

This is my second time on these meds - it took longer this time - started last August and probably felt well around Feb/March, the last 2 months of which I was just flat and felt a sort of nothingness.  Am better now.

I've only ever taken 20mg.  You do need to give the meds a long, long time to work.

Ive read that some people feel like they've got flu-like symptoms sometimes.

• Posted

Sorry to butt in,

Hi kate do you still remember what date did you start taking cit? Your now taking 20mg or 10mg?So base on your experienced it takes 4-6 months to really fell well,,,now i can say my mood is flat to happy mood.. Still at 10mg

Hoping that mine is a little faster (praying for it)

Thanks kate

• Posted

Hi john

Sorry for the late reply, just catching up with posts.  I started back on Citalopram 20mg sometime last August /September.  I had extreme anxiety to start with and then felt flat all over Christmas and probably up to about February.  Then I started feeling well and it may have been around June when I started reducing my meds by 5mg at a time, and I'm now down to the last 5mg which I'll stay on until next year.  I've been on these before and been previously been well for about 15 years, so this time starting them I knew it would be for a short time only.

Yes my mood went from anxious, then flat, then ok and now happy.

So reckon it took this time about 6 months.  First time on them it took about 3-4 months.  It has definitely taken longer second time around.

• Posted

Hi nikki,,

During my first two months on the meds i became sensitive to sounds, dont want also to go outside feeling tired always, Want to just sleep, no appetite, this are just some of what i experienced, but eventually it will subside as days and weeks goes by,

Are you having enough sleep at the moment,,, ? Having a good sleep at night makes recovery a little faster... So hopefully you had it... Also dont forget your vitamins... Surround yourself with your love ones and friends, be kind to yourself...

Were here for you,,, just take each day at a time,,,,

Keep us updated

Hugs for you

Jv

• Posted

Hang in there nikki-yvonne. I am on day three of increasing from 6 months on 10mg to 20mg. No appetite, diarrhoea, and no motivation to get going. I hope you start feeling well soon. I would have thought after 12 weeks there would have been some improvement, but I believe it can take longer, which is depressing in itself. Maybe chat to your Dr and get some advice if you are finding it unbearable. Keep us posted x
  • Posted

Hi Nikki-Yvonne, This was me about march this year total fatique and a feeling of never being well again. I started citalopram and have been great since have you seen your GP ? Get on some anti depressants to get your balance back.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up