Still feeling low towards end of period

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello there . It's me again . Yet another problem 😟. I have had a heavy period since Sunday . The thing is surely by now my mood should have lifted , but I am feeling uneasy , anxious and my stomach feels a bit off and I'm generally fed up . I shall be 50 next month and still having regular periods . Last months only 3 weeks in between and this month 4 weeks to the day since that . I was hoping that maybe this month it would be late . What is it with all these relentless symptoms ? Am I normal ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes you are normal bless you,,  might feel alone but its relentless for some more than others i had a bad time peri menapause and then the menapause lots of crazy problems,,, its horrible and sometimes feels like its not fare ,, if you have any questions i will try and share some of my experiences ,,, i hope this helped you feel less alone xx
    • Posted

Hi there...what were your symptons during peri menopause?

I'm 42 and have started noticing changes since last year.

I have good days and bad days but it can be a struggle at times..

I'm definitely more emotional than I was before.

Would like to compare symptoms if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

• Posted

peri menapause was so upin the air , inever new from one week to the next what was going o happen , i was low in vit D and aches pains and lathargy , mood swings , things got to memore than usual and i found it hard to consentrate also the periods were all over the place .. a coups in a month bleeds were longer or shorter and lower abdo pain constantly ,, i stopped bleeds for 2 , 4 and even 7 months at a time and then bleed again so frustrating ,, i hope you are ok xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for reply...

I can relate to them symptoms.. I also feel like a general weakness and feeling like am going to blackout. It's awful.

I have low blood pressure also which at times gets lower than normal - it's awful..

Hope these symptoms will subside. X

• Posted

my blood presure never been bad , so i hope you can get some answers , i dont kow about black outs but i did get light headed very rare tho ,, please take care xx
  • Posted

You are incredibly normal. Some times when the estrogen is really tanking as you are heading into true menopause, you won't get the old lift as you did earlier. Looking back I now see it clearly that when that starting happening to me, I was probably in my last year of real perimenopause. I thought I was losing my mind at first as I was used to having a bit of an issue of feeliing low right before a period but when the day started it was like a cloud was lifting and I became my old self again.  Not to mention how irregular cycles became.....ugh...it was a wild last year for me, hopefully just knowing that others have experienced this and it will pass, will make you feel better.

Anniex

• Posted

Dear ladies,

I have the same problem for a few past months . During period and after i feel very low, depressed, lethargic, sleepy, eventhough I take iron and vitamins. I hope that the end of peri is near, but sometimes it is all unbearable. Add almost everyday sinus/migraines headaches, someting like menstrual cramps anytimes, strange realistic dreams, and obsessive musing about the past. Some days are really bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.