still getting some pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, had my gallbladder removed in august last year, I recovered quickly and felt great!! I continued to have the runs but as have suffered with that for years wasnt bothered !! in the last month I have really been suffering in the evenings again...bloating and pain but mostly in my left side?? I have also in the last two weeks got a nagging pain under my ribs on the right side that increases to sharp stabbing pains when I move/cough? GP ran some tests for a bacteria infection but that came back clear he really doesnt seem interested now.....any thoughts would be gratefully recieved as beggining to feel like a hypocondriac (sp?) Thanx Paula smile

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula Sorry that you are having these experiences. It seems a common thing to continue having some unusual pains etc for some time after the op. I had mine out last April and still have twinges etc plus the bloating. I don't get the crescendo of back pain and the heart attack feeling in the chest I used to get when having an attack. It would seem that some people have a complete uncomplicated recovery whilst others have the twinges and eating problems continue. Give yourself time. eat little and often to keep the bile and acid working properly and drink plenty of water. Good luck.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi - I had my GB removed in July 08 and it does take quite a while for your body to heal inside and to adjust to not having something there you have had since birth !! I can assure you - eventually you will be pain free and will forget about the missing part because there will be nothing going on to remind you :D
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i had mine out at end of january and i often feel twinges i used to get before an attack. its just like the post above said though it does take time for your body to heal. im quiet lucky in a sense because i see my surgeon most days and hes reassured me just to take things easy and not over do myself.

so for now i call them sympathy pains lol.

Amy xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i had mine out in 2005 - and just occasionally i still have a few aches and twinges where my gallbladder was usually if i have done an abnormal amount of streching and bending, sometimes i get a really strange sensation in the area if i am out and about in the cold weather for several hours and have got really cold?? in december i got a cold that hung around for ages and the pain just got worse as i was coughing for weeks after, eventually i contacted nhs direct who suggested i was seen in A&E and i was told that the strain of coughing was pulling everything about in the op area and that was causing the pain.

normally if i have really overexerted my self then the aches and twinges let me know it is time to stop - but with frequent coughing fits it is not as easy - that was the worse it got in the 5 years since my op - and i was a bit freaked at the time. but most of the time i am fine - i am so much better off without my gallbladder.

i hope you find things settle down soon.

vix

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up