still have anxiety on a night, any suggestions??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey,

You all know me by now by post or reply but for those who don't I'm Danielle, I am 24 years old and have Thanatophobia which has led me to suffer with depression, anxiety and panic disorders for 8 years but only got the courage up to go see my doctor 4-5 months ago, they first gave me Citalopram which went horribly wrong and then put me on Venlafaxine and Propranolol.

I started on 75mg Venlafaxine but upped it to 150mg slow release about 3-4 months ago and started on 3x40mg propranolol but upped it to 80mg slow release up to twice a day around the same time.

Things have been going well as I've been learning what does and doesn't work when taking these meds, like I now take them on a night because they were making me tired all day and this also takes away the need for me to take the second Propranolol.

Over the past month my anxiety has been hitting me on a night, not too bad, but it's starting to become a cause for concern. I'm unsure what to do, I've been putting off posting on here hoping it would go away but to no avail, I've also been debating whether to up my dose of Venlafaxine again but don't really want to unless I have to.

I've tried all sorts to naturally help my anxiety go away from eating healthier, drinking camomile tea to using lavender and followed every bit of advice anyone had to give.

I guess I'm hoping someone could suggest other things or have some advice, otherwise I need to go back and see my doctor again which I really don't want to do as I don't want to have to change to a new medication again and have to go through all the side effects.

So any advice would be much appreciated and taken on board.

Thanks for reading and as always I hope you're all well.

Danielle x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle

I know how you feel, thinking of you hope you feel better soon xxx

• Posted

Hi Danielle, I know how awful anxiety can be and frightening too. Have you thought about trying a low dose antidepressant? They can be very helpful also pregabalin is an excellent drug for had, my son suffers from crippling anxiety and it has made a huge difference to him. Don't give up, things can get better and life can be fun again. Sincere best wishes and be kind to yourself  xx
    • Posted

Hi Deirdre, I'm already on Venlafaxine 150mg (antidepressant) and quite happy with it, I really wouldn't like to have to change to another and suffer side effects again, the first round of none stop panic attacks was bad enough without going through it again, this is also why I don't really want to change dose either because this also brings on side effects, although they are milder than starting a new med all together.

Right now a visit back to the doctors is looking like my only option thus far.

Thanks for your reply and I hope you and your son are well.

Danielle x

• Posted

Hi just curious but do you know the cause of your anxiety and how long as it been keeping you up at night.

Also I may not suffer from it at night but on the occasion that I'm having a bad day having my lil cutie sit on my chest if I'm in bed an stroking her usually helps to take my mind of the negative things.

Not to mention if that doun't work then theirs always masturbation if I need that extra endorphin pick up.

• Posted

Yes I have Thanatophobia which is basically fear of my own and lived ones inevitable death and the fact there's nothing i can do to stop it.

It used to keep me up all night every night, it was awful but now with the meds it only keeps me up for an hour at most but I'm getting more regular sleep so that's a relief, its just the fact its getting worse again over time and in worried about the panic attacks coming back.

I find my pets help calm me to a degree but only to a point, then im just stroking them for the sake of it.

And due to the meds a take im having issues around my sex life.

Thanks for the help though.

Danielle

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

I'm new on her today and your my first reply!

I'm the same age as you as suffer from low mood, depression, anxiety- you name it I have it.

This last 6 months have been a horrendous time for me, I'm on the edge of not caring and I don't want to carry on, the only thing that gets me through is my dog, husband and family. (Half of them don't know I'm with the illness)

Last night I couldn't sleep and ended up having a panic attack which makes me vomit, I do this regularly as it somehow releases stress. I'm off to my doctors today too from a consultation as they seem to think citalopram is working along with propanolol but I have seen no change, I have had big movements in the life this year but I've had depression for 6years and I want to be "me" again! Doctors think the cure is pill pill and more pills. I'm going to try to see someone and talk, that of course can cost but may help. I do lavender at night and a hot water bottle to relax me. 

I hope that you can think to pm me if you need someone to talk to. Take care- J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.