Still have prozac nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I've been taking Prozac due to anxiety but I've quited on 4th day, thanks to harsh nausea all day and night long & no appetite. That was really harsh. I don't take Prozac since 3 days but still nausea waves come from time to time. Is it possible to feel still that nausea even if I'm not taking anymore that med?

I know that the half life of Prozac's compound is very long (about 16 days) but?

Any idea/experience on this?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a professional, but I had a reaction to an antidepressant called citalopram, created more anxiety, I only took 1 pill, and I had the increased anxiety fir weeks, and I git depressed, and went on to sertraline, Thursday will be 3 weeks, and I'm a lot better, but still long way to go. Ide give it a few more days, if its not get less go back to Dr, but you do get worse before better,,and side affects do last at least 10 days , so if you can suffer through them its best, but if you really cant, ask Dr for something else, or something to take, the nausea away,a but? Hope this is helpful? All the best 😊

Anxiety is awful illnes I know what you are going through.

• Posted

I've talked my doc and he said that side effects can last 2 weeks even if you quit prozac.

It seems it's unbelievable. Is it really possible to take 2 weeks to get rid of Prozac nausea?

• Posted

I once took Zoloft and only was able to take it a week but the whole week I stayed sick and even lost weight due to it not to mention the increased anxiety and I quit taking it and still felt symptoms for weeks
    • Posted

Thank you. This is the 4th day after I quited Prozac but still feel nauseous & no appetite. What was your symptom exactly?
    • Posted

It's common then. Anxietic thoughts also increased on me with horrible nausea. It seems full recovery can take some time. Thank you.
    • Posted

Yea I still have severe anxiety daily but have just learned not to run to hospital every time even when I want to it sucks I can't be by myself or drive by myself I hate it I hope yours gets better
  • Posted

Hi, you should never just quit. Your body, like anything has to adapt and quite honestly you didn't give it enough time. Rather than quitting you should have contacted your GP. Your body is reacting in the same way because it doesn't like what you have done. Speak to your GP now and see what he recommends.
    • Posted

I'm also suffering chronic gastritis. Feel slightly nauseous specially after eating. I cannot handle with any type of nausea anymore. This is why I quit Prozac.
  • Posted

Prozac has a long half life. It will take a while to clear your system.
    • Posted

I slept better last night. It's 5th day after I quit Prozac. It seems I'll be better week by week.
  • Posted

My appetite is coming back. I feel good better, abit. But still nauseous. I took last prozac pill 5 days ago. I find it's unbelievable, its nausea still with me.
  • Posted

Update.

My appetite came back, but still feel nauseous. Today is seventh day after I quit Prozac. It seems it's still with me.

Any other experience on this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.