Still having a lot of knee pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Almost 5 months out from a TKR on my right knee and I am still having a lot of pain in the front of my knee, I did just have a total hip replacement on my right leg too, 5 weeks ago, I am a little apprehensive that my knee hurts much worse than my hip does, I am still exercising, I just don't know what else to do, does anyone have any suggestions or encouragement 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a hip replacement in 2009 and a TKR 8 months ago.  After I got out of the hospital, I rehabbed the hip in six weeks...six days a week, 5 hours a day.  Done.  No pain, no meds, beack to work.

The TKR?  A completely different animal.  You can push the hip...you CANNOT push the knee.  Very slow, lots of pain.  Most people don't get back to work for six months.  Some pain could linger a lot longer.  Try some topical Voltaren Gel (RX)...works great.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

I did it the opposite way round l had both hips replaced at begining of year then found out l needed both knee's replaced in july. I had my left knee replaced in august and l have to say l am still in a lot of pain in the leg l have had both done. I found the knee a lot harder than the hip replacements. Thats a full year l have had 3 operations and have still to get my right knee done but am stalling as l still am suffering a lot in the other leg. I don't know if and when it will get better l hope it will. I still am on a lot of pain medication. But l totally know how you feel.

Laura

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up