still having ups and downs

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 wks on 20mg and now almost 10 wks on 40mg. Last week I felt good and one of those days I felt pretty much back to normal. I thought I was over the ups and downs, but this week feeling down again with some crying spells. I know this happens, but I'm ready to feel good all the time. Just wanted to talk, I guess.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi karen! Im in the same boat,had a couple of really good weeks,and started seein the light, then some bad ones, some decent and now im back on the neutral feeling, i hate the feeling, like being sort of not there and pretty unmotivated again.

I have also noticed that im having awful pms (mood and emotionally wise) since starting on the flu (never had before ) and ive noticed the week before my period i usually feel extra depressed and hopeless and teary, Have u stopped to think whether your hormones might b influencing it?i think mine are definitely not helpin, i dont dare to think what id be like without the flu...

I dont know what to do now because i feel like im going backwards. I know im doing better than i was and that this is a long road but the set backs keep comin, i guess it's better than the utter desperation but does feel like im not progressing any further.

So.... no great advice... sorry. But at least id like to let u know ure not alone.

XxxxX

• Posted

Thanks, Ana. I don't think pms is affecting me, because I'm post menopause. I can certainly identify with the forward, backward, and then neutral or flat feelings. On the good days you can feel love for someone, and the next day feel less love or nothing, which is so scary to me. When will this end? How far along are you on flu?
    • Posted

Im still a stretch behind you, on my 7th week on 40,but after a brief 'high' after increasing , the past 3weeks feels like im regressing,the past week ive constantly felt like: whatever, everything and everybody is whatever, like i just cant be bothered but not in a good way,

At least we have vajaja's experience to keep us going! Im sure the ups will start to outweigh the bads and i just hope they also outweigh the passive neutral feelings too...

• Posted

I guess it's that all the emotions feel flat, not just love and excitement. That's just what bothers me the most.
  • Posted

Hi Karen

Well done for getting this far. I think you are on the brink of a full recovery. When I upped from 20 to 40mg my doctor told me it would be like starting all over again but with a shorter side effect. I have been on 40mg for 16 weeks now & I feel fab & when my doc told me that in a couple of months I would be getting out of bed in the morning with a big smile & happy I thought she was talking crazy, but this is how I feel now. Stick with it because it's a long horrible road but so worth it in the end. Xx

• Posted

Thank you, VaJaJa.

Every bit of consolation helps soooo much!

• Posted

you aren't alone. im on week 12 of 20mg and day 2 of 40mg. I feel flat and just not right. I just want to sit and cry all the time. the thought of looking forward scares the life out of me. im so bored of myself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.