Still here but wish I wasn't

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. It's been over a year now since my stay on intensive care after a large overdose. My medication appeared too be making a difference but because I am very impulsive it takes very little to push me back over the edge. Tried again last week but was stopped from jumping by a couple of young girls. I feel bad for them having to see me in that state but still wish I had jumped. I hate feeling like this especially as sometimes I just don't know how I am going to keep going through another day.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

is there anything you like to do to distract your mind ?? like reading ,sports ,walks??anything to keep you distracted ?? I'm dealing with intense dp and cognitive decline ,believe me it's no easy ,I lost my sense of self and time and suffer from major memory loss,you have to try to keep your self busy or distracted ,keep trying till you find something ,msg me im here to talk if you need

• Posted

Hi Paul, i think you could talk on here if you wanted to, we will listen to you and try to help. I have been where you have, try not to be alone, try to speak to someone and don't do anything rash, my counsellor told me this and they were right. You need to try to work out why you feel the way you do and if there is anything you can do to lessen that feeling. Good luck to you just take 1 day at a time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.