Still if on 30mg any 6 weeks 2 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok need some advice. I was on 10mg then 20mg and the last 6 weeks on 30mg. I am still anxious, I still have the sweaty palms and feet, my muscle tension is till in my legs and my anxiety is still there. I still don't want to leave my couch or go out and do anything like I have zero energy. Has anyone had this before and what did they do. Is it because I need a higher does or need to go down. The only thing that has gone away is the panic attacks. I can't see my doctor for another 2 weeks. Just kind of looking for advice

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you are not feeling any different over the last six weeks your GP needs to know. You could of  course wait until your script, is starting to get low and see your Doctor and explain what is going on. There are options He may try although He may take you to 40mg, the highest dose

BOB

• Posted

Yes ten years ago, although in my case I take Opiates and other mind changing medications, so it is all complex with my disability.

I suffer a Conjenital Short Term Memory Disability that took 6 weeks to diagnose. I am a lot older I feel to you I am now a pensioner and have a Chronic Pain disorder that needs a good number of tests a year. This disorder has been with me for around thirty years so my life can be full of pain and I have to control my own medications as instructed by the Pain Clinic

BOB

• Posted

Sanja

Most people don't like to give advice on medication as we are not trained professionals & this should be left to the experts .

I can give you my experience as it sounds similar to yours . I had the same side effects as yourself when on 20mg things settled a bit after 7 weeks but I couldn't get of the sofa until lunchtime as my mornings were full of anxiety & depression , the side effects had become worse than my original condition after 12 weeks things were still not great so my doctor suggested increasing or maybe try decreasing I opted to decrease to 10mg & felt better within 48hrs after six weeks reduced again then came of & have felt great ever since just wish I had seen the doctors 18month previous as although I had a bad time on the meds they did fix me up. Good luck & stay positive you will return to your old self

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience, that's all I was pretty much looking for, as I will still have to follow my doctor, I guess mostly I was just looking for piece of mind as I completely feel like I am loosing it, can't stand this anxiety.

• Posted

Sanja

I honestly thought I had lost the plot & could never imagine returning to work or being the same person I was before but it was the meds & looking back I was just on too high a dose as my doctor agrees but things can improve quickly & people do have the occasional blips but touch wood my life is still busy & my work stressful but I'm coping easily

• Posted

That's how I totally feel now, I been of work for 3 weeks. I do have some good days, but I also think that me and the doctor jumped to uping my dose, because I was feeling the anxiety again on 20.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.