Still more pain and misery☹️

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I posted yesterday and had some very kind replies which helped immensely.

I'm just 6 weeks post op for complex prolapse surgery with a mesh sling and felt everything has been going very well until this week really. I've increased my activity a little and driven the car a couple of times and felt OK. Yesterday I retired to bed with some strong painkillers because I had so much pain in the vault area, lower back etc thinking perhaps I've overdone it again. Last night I couldn't sleep and today am still suffering, it feels like a bad period pain but all over my pelvic area. My belly is swollen and I look about 6 months pregnant which would be impossible coz I'm too old and have no womb!!!!

What on earth have I done?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terri, sorry to hear you have been suffering. I had pelvic pain just after 6 weeks and it turns out I had a pelvic infection. Think it might be worthwhile getting an appointment with your GP and having it checked out. Take care xx
  • Posted

Six weeks is still so early when you've had such complex surgery.

It's usually the next day when it really hits you if you have overdone it.

At least it is with me.

Stay in bed today, with more painkillers, and ring dr's tomorrow if you've not improved.

Rest is a great healer.

Just remember, you've had major surgery, and it takes a lot out of your body.

Don't expect too much too soon.

Hope you have a better night.xxx

• Posted

I got a mesh sling 6mths ago. My Urogynae said that nobody uses the ones that caused all the earlier problems anymore. Pretty sure the company that made them doesn't anymore or has gone. Everything used in us that is foreign to our bodies has a tiny risk of causing a minority problems. As in 1-2%. Unfortunately you don't know you're going to be in that tiny minority until you have one. I believed my Urogynae that since early 2000's they have pretty much perfected the mesh & it has very low rejection now. Anything like that will never have zero rejection as everybodies immune systems are very different. My Urogynae is the best in my country & goes to all the Conferences overseas. 13yrs ago is a very long time ago for the speed of medical developments. It is extremely tough to be one of that tiny minority who reacts to the stuff. Some surgeons way back used a cheaper mesh made by a dodgy company. It's no different to those cheap total hip replacements that were used for a while & failed.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up