Still not started ads

Posted , 3 users are following.

well ive had not to bad a week even managed to drive to the shop which I haven't done for a very long time then bam today can't even drag myself out of bed sad I still haven't started sertraline I'm to scared what if I have a bad reaction and I'm alone don't no what to do for the best please can anyone advise me xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

U must take your tablets and do what Dr advises x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The longer u leave it the more anxious u will get. I was just like u and waited 3 weeks to start as I was so scared but then I plucked up the courage and took it just before I got into bed so I would sleep through the harsh side effects!!! I used rescue remedy to get me through the worst anxious while starting sertraline, have u tried it? X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi vikki I'm on propranolol how long have you been on sertraline and do you think they have worked for you ? Sorry for all the questions in just not a big tablet taker I only take propranolol when I really need it xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have been on sertraline 5 weeks 4 days now and I am just starting to feel ok. They do take a while to kick in and if u have side effects they should go within 1-2 weeks. I Have had 3 anxiety free days now and it feels so bloody good. It's still early days but I'm hopeful I'm on the right path now. It can take 6-12 weeks for it to settle in your system but sertraline is a very good ad when it does. I was so anti med before this but I tried everything herbal, deep breathing, meditation, I was at my wits end thinking I was loosing it and I would never feel right again. Like I said I was so scared to take them and it took me 3 weeks to build the courage up but I had to do something so I went for it, and I'm so glad I did as I am now starting to feel the benefits.

i did have some side effects in the initial start up which wer feeling tired, nausea, clenched jaw, anxiety, loss of appetite. I used rescue remedy for the anxious moments, eat ginger biscuits, bananas, crackers and belvita biscuits for the nausea and loss of appetite and drank loads of water. My sided effects lasted about 7-10 days then I started to feel good with no anxiety for a few days but then I got flu/ chest infection and felt anxiety and low mood creep back, but now on week 5 I am back to that feeling so I think the flu set me back abit and I thought they wasn't working, but I carried on and feel ok again. Apparantly ups and downs r normal in the early stages as it needs time to get settled so I will carry on with them, and if they stop working I will ask for my dose to be upped to 75mg. 

Try taking them at night  before bed so u sleep through the side effects, some people do get sleep problems on these but I have not had any problem with that part. 

The propranolol and rescue remedy really helped with the start up side effects. I wish u well and if u have any questions or just need a chat then I'm here x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks vikki you have been a great help I will start them soon and keep you posted xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes keep me posted how your doing. I know it's scarey starting but the sooner u start the sooner u will be on your way to feeling how u want to feel. Do u work? If u do and if u can then take a week or so off, or start them on a Friday so if u do get side effects u can be at home. Good luck and I wish u well x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I work in care but been off for a long time it all started with a panic attack and then went on from there looks like I will have to give my job up soon they only allow 6 months off which is coming up I'm devastated I love my job but not well enough to go back yet I have gallstones also waiting to get my gallbladder removed I've read on a few sites now that if your gall bladders not working properly then it can cause all the symptoms of anxiety fingers crossed I might feel better once it's out but I will start the sertraline while I'm waiting thanks again for your help it is very much appreciated xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up