Still on pain ???

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, it is 2 years since my replacement hip op and I am still experiencing pain - on tramadol to get some relief and still using a walking stick ???? Are these two things normal or should I go back to see my GP?

Help!!!!!!

Regards

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had a hip replacement in 5-2015, and I have pain of bursitis on my operated hip...I do not limp or need a cane, go see your surgeon, that should not be.

Loral

• Posted

See your GP again rather than just have a repeat prescription for the teamadol. Maybe a referal is required
  • Posted

Hi jean 

I would definitely see your GP especially if still having to take tramadol.  I am 7 weeks post full hip replacement and I'm only on paracetamol every 6/7 hrs and nothing else.  Hope you get sorted soon

Regards

Karen 

That's 

• Posted

At 2 years you should be well clear of Tramadol. Go back, insist it gets sorted.

Graham

• Posted

Hi Graham, I think I must pay the GP a visit as I am getting the same advice from everyone.

Thanks

JX

• Posted

Hi Jean

Definitely see your GP.  You should not be experiencing pain at this stage and still taking pain medication after 2 years.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.