Still queesy after 8 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I responded to someone on here a couple of days ago. I stated that the nausea was gone. Wrong! It's not full blown nausea it's a queesy feeling. I took a 12.5 dose of phenegran/promethazine & it settled it down some. This is really starting to depress me. I prayed to God again about this & I guess I've just got to keep my faith that the healing will manifest. To everyone out there that is going through this I fell your pain. Jesus please HELP us!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I feel the same. I had my gb surgery 15 months ago and I have so much nausea again due to a gastritis. I can't believe when I thought I was getting better now I feel worse again. It never ends and I'm really worried for so long.. 
    • Posted

Hi Leni I'm so sorry your still suffering. I'm not that well myself. Had my two large ovarian cysts aspired 3 weeks ago and have felt really sick ever since. They drained nearly a litre of fluid out of me. They told me there's a 50% chance the cysts could come back and unfortunately I think they are growing again as I've terrible pain in my ovary and now stabbing pains in my liver too which I'm hoping is referred pain from the cyst. I'm waiting for the biopsy results and then I'll have another scan and blood tests to see what's going on. It's never ending and the nausea is coming and going too since the procedure. I hope things settle for you soon. It's no life for anyone. Thinking of you. Take care xx
    • Posted

Hey Leni75, thanks for replying to me. I don't know what gastritis is but I google it. I totally understand how you feel as I thought mine was gone the first of this week. It's seems to be getting better & to here you are going through the same thing that bothers me. I can't keep going through this. One person told me that they had been going through this for over 18 months. Also are you male or female as I see some of the folks on here are female & then they end up with other problems. I'm a 56 year old male. Hope you get to feeling better as well as everybody else on here going through this.
  • Posted

Hi Larry you replied to my post. Am sorry to hear you still have the nausea. It's horrendous. You could try acupuncture and acupressure bands. I found both helped. Also ginger tea helped me. None of the medications helped all they did was make me feel drugged. It's a nightmare but please god it will settle for you. I do know people that had it for a year or longer and then it stopped. Take care and keep in touch. X
    • Posted

Hey Acejohnston, have you got rid of the nausea? I can't afford to go to an accupuntureist as I'm on disability & I think those only like one guy who does that in my area. Also are you male or female as I see alot of the folks on here are female & then end up with female problems. I'm a 56 year old guy. Thanks. And I guess you were the person that I first talked to on here. 
  • Posted

Sorry about your problem Larry , I drink ginger beer (not alcoholic) and it seems to help with the feeling of nausea. Hope this helps you. Keep the faith xxx
    • Posted

Hey Maxdex35, would ginger ale be the same as drinking that ginger beer?  I remember drinking some now alcoholic beer years ago & that stuff made me sick when I wasn't sick. Also I was wondering if you are male or female. I see alot of the people on here are women because they talk about then they end up with female medical problems after this surgery. I'm a 56 year old guy. Thanks.
    • Posted

Hi Larry ginger ale or ginger beer is fine as long as it's not alcoholic, leave the stopper off and let it go flat it works wonders for me it also will keep you hydrated.i guess because I'm getting on a bit I swear by a lot of the old remedies which my mother passed down to me ,I also find Rennies help too.hope you will soon feel well again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.