Still struggling !! Health anxiety is beating me!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just can't shake this off , I started having back ache which affects my neck and shoulders as usual best thing for me to do was to google my symptoms this since has turned into a silent heart attack which apparently happens to women , I visited the GP twice this week first one said muscular posture issues as I sit at a desk all day , second GP knows my history she didn't even check me over said I need to stop googling she gave me propranolol and mirtazepine , I'm not great at taking tablets as I'm always sick which doesn't help my phobias, since this I now have aching teeth which was one oft he other signs . I've had ECGs blood tests, lung tests PE tests allinthe last 6 months and all were fine.

Is this all just my health anxiety and any tips please I really can't take this anymore it's over taken my life and ruining my family life , can anxiety really cause all these pains 😩😫

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Natalie

It really sounds like your anxiety is causing you problems, if medications are making you sick and you are having problems to swollow, try taking them with a sall glass of milk or coat the tablet with butter that will help you swallow.

I have mentioned Relaxation Techniques, they may help you control your Anxiety.

Sometimes washing your face in warm water may help, or rubbing in moisturizing cream, anything to make you feel good and relax yourself

BOB

• Posted

hi I suffered exactly the same with shoulders neck etc and my Dr used to put it down to being tense etc with anxiety. in the end I referred myself to physio and found that I was tense and this caused muscles to stiffen and knot in those areas I too sat over a desk all the time. once I knew what the problem was I started to relax and attend physio for a few weeks and things are much improved x good luck xx it also showed me that see sometimes there are genuine reasons for things not always us worried and imagining things x
  • Posted

Yes anxiety can and does cause these problems, deal with the anxiety and the health anxiety will stop. Your dr is right, stay away from Google
  • Posted

I have the same daily fears based around my heart.. Your teeth are probably hurting because you're clenching your jaw both during anxiety and during your sleep. It does sound though like may be you should get a new doctor that's a bit more caring maybe? You have to just believe the doctors and what they say. You're fine, accept that you're fine. I know it's hard, I've had daily heart attack symptoms for almost a year now and I still have days that I can't convince myself of the truth that I dont have anything wrong that the doctors can find. I'm on buspar and it's helped alot, maybe talk to your doctor about that? You need meds or counseling. Worrying daily doesn't help, especially when you're making yourself have symptoms. Its the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.