Still struggling on 20 mg doc put me on klonopin .5mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Still having wretching in the AM.  Still wake up between 3 and 5 AM with massive anxiety. Been on the 20mg since March 26, I know it takes time to "kick in" but I am really feeling out of it, just getting through a day of work is a struggle these days.

Can anyone offer any advice?  I had more blood work done and liver and gall bladder are fine.  I am also on Dexilant for the vomiting, been on that for 5 days.  The Klonopin is not refillable and Doc said it is not something one stays on for a very long time.  I have a therapy appt tomorrow to work thru some depression etc.  I find it hard to eat, and hard to pretty much do anything these days.

Please help.......................................sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben, sorry you are struggling. I did too. Nausea, crazy anxiety, shaking, dizziness, etc. it's terrible but it does pass. Flou is a slow med to settle into your system. It can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks. But please don't let that put you off. It is a great med for depression and anxiety. I know it's especially hard as you have to go to work but sometimes that's better than sitting around having too much time to be stuck in your own head. Try going on YouTube and search techniques to ease anxiety. Exercise can help a lot. You are not alone in your recovery. It takes time but it will happen. Chat here whenever you want for support. 

Big hugs

• Posted

If I take the Klonopin I have no nausea in the AM.

Still going for the ultrasound tomorrow on the abdominal area just to rule out gall bladder issues.

• Posted

That's good to make sure nothing's wrong there. The klonopin helps settle your anxiety then your stomach can calm down.  Let me know how your appointment goes. ??👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.