Still trying

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can any one tell me the worst side effects on citalopram I drive for a living should it be ok to drive on them i cant take a lot of time off

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shawn,one of the side effects of citrolopram can make you sleepy,however not every one will get that side effects and also why not take it at night instead

• Posted

Everyone may experience different side rffects. The startup can be brutal I'll tell you that. Thry may not affect you that much though. Good luck. If you are suffering badly now, it will get worse before it grts better. These meds work very slowly. After a week, I felt a big difference in the start up effects, but felt much better 10 weeks in

• Posted

Pure panic attacks and a terrific feeling of fear, was the worse for me, but I was one of the unlucky one's who had most of the side effects even rare ones, depressed was bad too, but everyones different, i took 4 weeks off work, iv never heared of anyone working for at least 2 weeks on this med. dont mean to put you off but the comman side effects are very nausea, dizzy, dry mouth, sweating, and a few more but doesn't mean you'll have them, you should prepare youself first, on the positive side your life will be great when they work for you in time, good luck.

• Posted

hi shawn,

ive been taking citrolopram for over 12mths

i must say ive never had any side effects at all

& this is the best tablet i have ever had,i no

longer worry or have been depressed & no more anixety

Try taking them at night if you drive by day this may help.

• Posted

Thankyou & yes i am compared to other people who take them, Even my daughter came off of them as they made her feel sick..Good luck !!

• Posted

hi lois, have you ever thought you forgotten to take your med? i take mine 11pm every night and i cant remember if i took it last night haha, feeling ok now but its only 10am, do you recon its ok?

• Posted

on the contrary i took an extra pill once and felt a little sketchy for a week.so now i have a pill box with the days printed on box.and the bottle i have lock up.lol.you can always count your pills ans see if the days match up from the day you got prescription.

• Posted

lol, i have the seven days on the packet but i just take anyone, gonna take the days from now on haha, yes i could count back from the date i had them but i allways throw the box soon has i have them lol, gonna keep the box too now, good idea lois, if i think iv missed one i can count back to the date.

• Posted

i was basically bed bound for 4 days wben i first starting takkng it. really took it out of me.

it will effevt everyone differntly but wokld advise taking a few days off work to be safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.