Still waiting.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone I am still waiting to hear from the hospital about having my second TKR. I was told they would have me in at the end of Oct or early Nov. Have tried ringing but the consultants secretary says she will e-mail him and get back to me. That was last week and still no further. I cant make any plans for Christmas and have had to do all my shopping early. At least I'm ready for that. Its so frustrating though. Just wish I had a date so I can plan ahead. I suffer from IBS and the stress is making it worse.

1 like, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

If at all possible, just drop in on the secretary, or should that not be the bookings clerke ?Amazing what face to face can achieve!!  Failing that, call her again and if she still has no answer, tell her you will call back in two days time, just keep at them.  I too am suffering with awful IBS at the moment, all in anticipation of having TKR on the 28th it must be even worse waiting without knowing!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Will ring again Monday and try the bookings clerk. Like you say a crying child gets the most attention. Want to get it done but then again want to be able to enjoy Christmas and know the later it gets and I wont be able to do anything. Thanks for replying Liz.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had mine cancelled from tomorrow with no new dat. They said they would ring me Monday. Stomach in knots too Joan 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

oh dear, i use to suffer from ibs and so my heart goes out to you.  keep calling your consultant and  would make a point of tellng her that your health is suffering from all the waiting.  make a fuss ... it's amazing what that can achieve lol  good luck and keep at it!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry to hear UR TKR is scheduled sometime around the Holidays.

Any surgery is a bummer, some is an improvement. In this case by next year u will have a new knee to bring in the New Year ?

Shopping online is fun better deals and no crowds and parking issues. Get it all done now.

Then concentrate on healing and getting UR life back.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I wil be 3 weeks post op at Christmas time, so we are off to buy all Christmas presents this weekend.  They will be wrapped next week, cards written and all ready to go.  There will only be my son and I on Christmas day, so I have booked a lovely place (a real castle) for lunch so no cooking either!  We are planning to flop, watch TV and I will think of all the things I will be able to do by next Christmas!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up