Still waiting for op and getting frequent stomach ache after eating

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Does anyone know of anything to help relieve bad stomach ache which has been going on for a couple of hours now. I've been keeping to a low fat diet since I was diagnosed with gallstone about six weeks ago.  Had MRI scan which showed multiple stones but none in bile ducts which is good apparently. Should get date for op soon apparently but I keep getting stomach ache more frequently now and am really frightened to eat now. Had this a couple of days ago and eventually wore off after a few hours but is horrible. I don't think it's a proper gall bladder attack as I know what that feels like. Any advice would be good. Have tried hot water bottle, peppermint tea and paracetamol. Thank you x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

lemon water.

1/2 cup of fresh lemons squeezed and 1/2 cup warm water.... that will help until surgery please a heating pad. perhaps warm shower too I know all to well. feel better.

• Posted

Hi, when you have the gallbladder attacks try a glass of water or a nice warm cup of regular tea. That usually works for the gallbladder attacks. I had the same problem til I had my gallbladder removed on Feb 7 th of this year. Take care and good luck
  • Posted

I was wearing heat patches and hot water bottle the rest of the time to try and help. Despite eating very low fat was in agony for 7 weeks between 2 hospital admissions. Ended up with it out on the second admission. Post-op I’m finding buscopan cramps helps with my stomach pains now. Worth a try? Have been told gastritis and gallbladder related issues are closely related so maybe worthwhile trying omeprazole for the next wee while to see if it’s maybe too much stomach acid causing problems? Eating little and often sometimes helps as well xx
  • Posted

Well last night was horrendous - stomach ache didn't ease up at all and there was a horrible fullness and still got it. Anyway after calling 111 they sent the paramedics round to check me over. Ops were fine but went down to the GP out of hours service today. Gave me some stronger painkillers but said I should try and get to see my gp to expedite the operation. No sleep at all last night . Didn't eat anything untoward last night as sticking to low fat diet and making my own soup. Dr I saw today said that the gallstones move around so sometimes it just happens.  Anyway not a great day! 

• Posted

heating pad and lemon water---google it.  

it helped me prior to surgery.  xoxo

• Posted

Thank you. Is it normal to have this tummy pain for nearly 24 hrs now and hurts more when I take a deep breath. Dr has prescribed codeine to take every six hours and paracetamol but I've never experienced this for such a long time. I'm dreading another night like last night with no sleep 

• Posted

I would stick to liquids for 24 hours. I'm post op but before I had

my gallbladder removed I got to the stage where anything gave me pain !

I still can't eat soup . Perhaps your stomach is inflamed, my gallbladder was

Inflamed and I know how painful it was .

If it doesn't improve I would give 111 another ring.

Hope you feel better soon .

• Posted

I'm not sure if the codeine has made it worse I'm almost doubled over in pain and can't stop crying. It hurts so much 

• Posted

Well I think I had a bad reaction to codeine as I was so sick. Anyway eventually the pain stirred to,subside and my gp,who is brilliant is writing to the surgeon to try and get op asap now. Today is the first day I feel a bit normal as my stomach felt so,bloated after the attack. It's really scary to know what to eat especially since I have been on a low fst diet for about Eight weeks now. Hope you are doing better now x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up