Stinging pain in left handside

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with diverticula pouches 2 years ago, I also have IBS and have had this since I was 15, I am 57 female and live in UK. A week or so ago I bent over and felt a sort in pinch inside on the left hand side just above waist area.  This has been stinging/burning on and off inside and I get the telltale signs of a flare up, although have managed to keep this at bay. Could I have pinched my insides from bending over? Also too much info I know, but can you have 2 different coloured faeces with divi, normal coloured to start and slightly dark brown green at end.  No blood just the usual bit of mucous, I expect it may be constipation.  Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Youngaheart1 why don't you try psyllium husk ASAP. You do not have to suffer any longer. What goes in must come out. if you keep your colon clean on a regular basis your not going to get waste trapped in your infected area of the colon which causes the flare ups. Bottom line psyllium husk does that for you and the only downside is you have to go more often. The product will bulk up your stools and makes them easy to pass without any straining. My surgeon I visited years ago ready for the knife was the one who explained this to me and I have never been back. Take 2 teaspoons in 12 ounces of water twice per day once in morning and once at night. Do this and you will stop diverticulitis! One of the biggest supporters of it is Janet aka Felinia. She listened to me and now takes it twice per day and all her pain has gone away.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for reply, since diagnosis I have been taking it, not regularly, but a couple of times of week, sachets called fybogel.  But the last 2 times I took it I ended up with severe abdonimal pain and cramps and explosive (sorry) diarrhea, I could not leave the house,  now sacred to take it.  It usually works really well.
    • Posted

Hi could you let me know we're you get psyllium husk from I have just been told I have diverticulitis after years of being told I had is eny help would be great . even just to find a little

comfort

• Posted

Sorry to jump in, but was replying to Pauline and saw this.  If you are UK any supermarket, chemist will sell them, they are called Fybogel and come in orange boxes containing little sachets, they are orange flavoured powders you mix with water.  Drink straight away though as they go gloopy if not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.