stinking cold which meds to take?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a awful cold, checked with the pharmacist who said I could take day and night nurse with cit. I've got some diazepam too. If I take a combination of them will I actually sleep for a nice long time as I am very tired.Maybe I might feel somewhat normal when or if I wake up. I'm beginning to feel really fed up again or maybe it's just the cold. It just feels when things start picking up something else is hiding round the corner.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would just take the day and night nurse as the night nurse helps you sleep but if it don't help then take the other 1 to is that diazepam a sleeping tablet?
    • Posted

Diazepam is suppose to help you relax it just would be nice to actually sleep all night no weird dreams and wake up refreshed I've forgotten what that feels like.
    • Posted

I've had loads of weird dreams recently scince I been on citalopram there like films lol I'm sure it will b ok to take that to then
    • Posted

A lot of my dreams seem so real I started writing them down when I woke up before I forgot them. I'm sure a dream analyst would have a field day. Going to take these pills now and hopefully fall a sleep quickly. Thanks for your advice. Night x
  • Posted

This weather is so depressing... January is not good... Just after xmas, I have been much worse last few weeks as been a year now... Not even had energy to reply on your posts! Sorry, it will come and go... I have a few nice days, then it hits me like a bomb. A nice sleep,will be good for you, I am in bed now with my bicardi and lemonade! With night nurse you should not need the diazipan.... Try just the night nurse. Sending you hugs xx
  • Posted

A cold will make you feel low anyway.  I always say it's 2 steps forward and 3 back - every step along the way.  Hope you get a good sleep and feel restful tomorrow.  

Night x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.