Stitches

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all can anybody please advise..3 weeks ago this thurs i had mid uretha surgery & a posterior repair..today ive had a fresh little bleed and found some blue thread in my knickers which im guessin is some of the internal stitchin comin out...shud i b worried and speak to my gp or is this normal xx

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Fozzybear. You're absolutely right the blue thread is a stitch or part of one and bleeding is quite normal. However if the bleeding is very heavy and has an offensive odour then you would need to speak to your GP. I wish hospital staff would give all this information on discharge, it would prevent so much anxiety, not just for you put for lots of other ladies as well. Hope you're getting lots of rest.
    • Posted

I totaly agree i wish they wd giv more info..unfortunatly my marriage broke down last weekend so after the first week of rest ive been left to do everythin for myself & 2 children so dont feel im gettin as much rest as i shud be..my bleedin is not heavy but for jus over a week have had a smelly loss lookin like old blood like at the very end of a period xx
    • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Everyone who posts on this forum is very supportive so please keep in touch and ask anything you want x
    • Posted

I wasn't given any info either re or what to do or not to do etc.  Forunately I read up everything I could on the operation and took on boards everyones advice on this  brilliant forum.biggrin
    • Posted

I'm currently working on a document on post op care following pelvic floor surgery which we hope will be rolled out across the health trusts in England and Wales. It was this forum that made me realise just how little information is given to ladies on discharge from hospital. In fact I was horrified to be honest because no lady was discharged from my ward without being informed of what to expect and the does and don'ts. I'm pleased this forum exists
    • Posted

Wow that would be so so helpful I wasn't told anything..I think you should visit all the ladies at home and help them 😳👍😊😃
    • Posted

It's consistency to across all staff ! I was told different things from 3 different nurses before discharge !! Thank goodness for this forum X
    • Posted

There was no inconsistency on my ward. Every nurse had it drummed into them on the 1st day what had to be said. How can we expect surgery to be successful if the incorrect information is given? We may as well say nothing at all!
  • Posted

Oh no thats awful at a time when you need them most. All the best and hope you get on the mend soon,im sure your children will help to look after you and hopefully you have family near, As Matron said this is a great site,you are never alone,there is always somebody here for you xx
  • Posted

Thankyou to you all and yes this site is great id b lost without it..yes my children r great bless them even my 3 yr old is helpin wit things...im jus in so much pain emotionally & today physically i really cd cry xx
    • Posted

Are bless you it's bad enough opp anyway and in your position even worse if I lived near you I would come and help you xx
    • Posted

Have you got friends and family helping you?
    • Posted

Don't know whether that's good news or not debra. Any idea as to what the problem is?
    • Posted

Hi I no..didn't see a Gp just dropped my sample of and rang after 3 they said it ok..to be fair it hasn't been as bad today but I'm going to mention it on Friday when I see my consultant 👍😊
    • Posted

You are so blessed to have three wonderful children,i know you are in pain and i really feel for you but it wont be forever,hope you feel better soon Fozzy xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.