Stomach Cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

My 37 year old boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer around this time last year. Doctor gave him 3 to 9 months to live. He was on a clinical trial and had a scan. It did not spread and stayed the same size. Now he is not receiving any kind of treatment and I am worried about how much longer he is going to live. He drinks alcohol very heavily. (6+more a day, bud light platinum with sake) Before it was a bottle of fireball a day for the first 3 years we were together, which I know not good either way. I do not know how to help him because he gets very defensive every time I talk to him about his health. How can I help him?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wow. So young and i saw my grandma die of cancer and she sufferedd tremendously. She died in a week from diagnoses. It made me feel terrible because she was in so much pain and i couodnt do anything but say im sorry to her. Im sorry theres nothing there doing for him anymore but i would tell him to find God. Make peace with God before he is gone. He needs to stop drinking. Is that why he got cancer so young? Id say pray for him.
  • Posted

Have you heard of Divine Retreat Centre?  You should look them up.  They hold healing masses.  I have witnessed a lot of miracles.  I just came from a weekend renewal retreat that was held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  It is spiritually good for the soul. I am not sure where you are from or your religious background, but you would be surprised at how many people are cured from cancer, alcohol etc.  If your boyfriend does not want to go, I would recommend you go and you can pray for him.  Jesus heals in his name.  I pray for you and your boyfriend.
  • Posted

Stomach cancer begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of your stomach. These cells can grow into a tumor. Also called gastric cancer, the disease usually grows slowly over many years.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for responding and for the prayers. He is no longer going to the doctor since September is procrastinating about his health
  • Posted

Hey Katie, The trouble is I think he's stuck in the denial stage. Maybe with your support he can face making plans for the future no matter how bleak it may seem. I also drink to smooth out the worry. It's not good but in his situation I can fully understand where he's coming from. He really needs to see his doctor for respite care.

• Posted

Stomach cancer usually begins in the mucus-producing cells that line the stomach. This type of cancer is called adenocarcinoma. Cancer in the area where the top part of the stomach meets the lower end of the swallowing tube has become much more common. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.