stomach cramps

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been awake all night with really bad stomach cramps. Never had anything like it. A Dr came at 5.45 this morning and gave me an injection of tramadol and also a small bottle of liquid morphine.

He also confirmed this is all to do with my gallstones and advised removal of my gallbladder as soon as possible. I am on the list to have this op but 6 - 8 month waiting list and they are behind with dates.

Really what is one supposed to do?!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ask if there's any chance of a cancellation, if you can be available at short notice you may be able to jump the queue. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have already said I would take a cancellation.

Spoke to Consultant's Secretary yesterday. Told her I had to get Dr out at night. She said they were not putting anyone up the list and infact the waiting time was getting longer. Local GP has already written to hospital and says there is nothing more he can do.

So it's just a question of sitting it out.

Feeling better today.

Thanks fo your support

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I was just the same before I had my gall bladder removed, I was so bad I ended up in A & E and it took 2 morphine injections to stop the pain. After that I started vomiting when I started with the pains. Best thing is to get it removed asap your GP should be able to push you in faster if these pains have started.

Hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to Consultant's Secretary yesterday and she said they were not putting anyone up the list. Infact the waiting list is getting longer.

GP has wrriten and asked if I can be put up the list but they have said No.

So it is just a question of hanging in there and sitting this out.

Feeling a bit better today.

Thanks for your support.

Sarah

• Posted

I just had to wait mine out, my pains were awful - I used to have chills and vomit all the time. I just avoided my triggers I could go a few weeks without any pain and then have 3-4 attacks in a few days. One thing I didn't do was go to A&E but it might be worth a trip if you cant cope with the pain anymore. I had my gallbladder out 3 weeks and and I'm so glad I did it, healing slowly but I know it's worth the pain. Good Luck x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to Consultants secretary yesterday and she said they were not putting anyone up the list. Infact the waiting list is getting longer. One really should not be having to deal with this all the time.

Still in a bit of pain but feeling better today.

Thanks for your support

Sarah

• Posted

Watch what you eat. #1 No fatty foods or eat low fat. Stay away from acidicity foods like tomato sauce,etc. Go online and read what you can eat. While I was waiting I lived on chicken noodle soup, hang in there!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I rang hosptial yesterday and spoke to Consultants Secretary. Really laid it on and told her i had to get Dr out to me at night to give me morphine.

She said they were not putting anyone up the list and were struggling to get patients through in 6 - 8 months so waiting list was getting longer.

Just a question of hanging in there.

Still nagging away but i do feel better today.

Thanks for your support

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Ring hospital talk to your surgeons Secretary, explain how bad you have become and tell her about your GP coming out to you. Ask if they can bring your date forward. And also if any cancellations you would be. ready to take one.

If no luck go through pals they are very helpful. And if you get that level of Pain again then hospital.

Everyone giving good advise hope your sorted soon.

• Posted

Thanks Janet. I rang hospital yesterday and said Dr had to come out to me and give me morphine. Consultant's secretary simply said they were not putting anyone up the list and were struggling to get people through after 6 - 8 months waiting.

GP has written to them but they have taken no notice and he says there is nothing else he can do.

Seems it's just a question of hanging in there.

The only reason they put you up the list is if you develop jaundice.

Well OK let's get on with it and have jaundice then!!!!!

Still nagging away but I do feel better today

Thanks again for your support.

Sarah

• Posted

Sorry that did not work for you, but next bout go to a&e. Did you. try speaking to pals? That is an awful long wait.

I remember the pain all to well.

• Posted

Thanks again Janet. It is really helpful to feel supported.

I went to a and e in December as a GP thought it was gallstones.

They did tests said I had a urine infection and sent me home with antibiotics.

No mention of an ultrasound scan.

A couple of days later I had a letter asking me to make an appointment for an ultrasound scan.

RESULT Lo and behold GALLSTONES.

What I am now thinking of doing is seeing the woman doctor who initially said gallstones (she obviously knows what she is talking about) and seeing if she can put pressure on them to do me earlier.

I have been in this hospital before as an in patient and without going into boring details I was less then happy with them.

However I do not have transport and ambulance will only take me to nearest hospital

I have spoken to friends about my situation and know I hve a lot of support from them

I'll keep you posted, WATCH THIS SPACE

Thanks again for all the support

SarahI

• Posted

If the pain is really bad go to A&E. They may admit you and if the pain continues while in there chances are they'll do the op. I'm beginning to realise how lucky I've been. 2 months after my first flare up I got an op date. I wish you could have the surgeon I had, he was brilliant. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. x

• Posted

Thanks again Chris.

I went to Emergency Unit at the hospital in December because a GP suspected gallstones.

They did various tests and said I had a urine infection so sent me home with antibiotics.

No mention of having an ultrasound scan.

It was only a couple of days later I had a letter in the post to ring them and make an appointment for ultrasound scan.

The result Lo and behold was gallstones.

That was at end of 2014.

GP says no point in going to hospital they will just send me home like they did before.

What I am now thinking of doing is making an appointment with the woman GP

who first thought it was gallstones (obviously she knows what she is talking about) and seeing if she can put pressure on them to do me

I'll keep you posted.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.