my IBS has flare up again having much anxiety at the moment

getting cramps in the morning before emptying my bowls

what causes this ?

and how I can relive the pain any suggestions be gratefully recived 

thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you could try olive oil, I have couple of tablespoons full of extra virgin olive oil per day, or coconut oil, both said to be anti-inflammatory.
  • Posted

Stress and sometimes food can cause it.  Try an antispasmodic such as Buscopan and take nueofen.  Your doctor will also be able to prescribe you antispasmodics if Buscopan doesn’t work. 
  • Posted

Was told years ago there is no medicine that helps with the pain a doctor told buscopan helps a tiny bit 
  • Posted

Like you my IBS seems worse in the mornings.

You could try COLPERMIN and BUSCOPAN.

You can get COLPERMIN over the counter from a chemist and BUSCOPAN from Morrisons..

If you find they help you can get both on prescription.

Hope this helps.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.