Stomach pain.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been diagnosed with did. I had two bouts last year with it, the last being in October. My question is has anyone else had lasting stomach pain? This is general stomach ache and pain on right side that's been going on for about 4-6 weeks. Some days better than others but it's always there.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry

Yes I seem to have pain or what I call a stitch in my side all the time. My last dd episode, which was my 2nd, was mid November. I was to the GI Doctor on Thursday and I voiced my concerns. He made it seem like that was going to be the new norm. It is not severe pain just twinges that I have. My first attack was in my lower left and the second was in my lower right. I have been very worried about the pains thinking it's something worse. I guess if there is no fever or severe pains just watch what you eat and drink plenty of fluids and take a pro-biotic. He said the main thing is to go everyday so things keep moving.

I don't know if this helps or not. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Harry from past experience I've become aware that after a DD flare up has settled down ( e.g. inflammation has gone) there can be quite a period of weeks before the stomach/abdominal area feel anything like normal. I had a DD episode late November and was admitted to hospital for a week. Though the acute symptoms subsided after about 7-10 days it has been some 4-6 weeks before I felt back to normal again. This may be a feature of the condition but also the medication taken. I was on prednisolone for about 4 weeks and co-omoxiclave antibiotics for around 6 weeks. I know this last med has a disturbing effect on one's gut flora/fauna. Hope that helps regards Pete

• Posted

Hello. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis 5 weeks ago. Had 2 rounds of antibiotics. I have been off then for 3 days now and still have discomfort on my left and right side. I am taking Kefir which is a probiotic and medamucil....I just want it to go away. I am having colonoscopy in couple weeks.
  • Posted

Yes I. Get stomach pain after running lower left side of stomach sometimes followed by a quick dash to the loo . As I run every other morning this is a nuisence I don't want to give up running as I love it but wonder if running was what caused my  my diverticulitus in the first place. 

• Posted

I just got out of the hospital with severe diverticulitis and I didn't have a fever. Severe pain in my abdomen and I felt a strange pressure while peeing. They did a CT with contrast and I was having a bad attack. IV antibiotics and potassium and magnesium we're given to me. I was give. A heart monitor and out on a cardiac floor because my potassium was severely low. Yesterday I was told I now have cystitis and was sent home.e with those same two meds in pill form. They made me sick when I took them yesterday afternoon so I will be sure to eat with them. The nurse pretty much said anything can make it hurt.

• Posted

Hello. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis 5 weeks ago. Had 2 rounds of antibiotics. I have been off then for 3 days now and still have discomfort on my left and right side. I am taking Kefir which is a probiotic and medamucil....I just want it to go away. I am having colonoscopy in couple weeks.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up