Stomach pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started a probiotic drink 3 days ago I know have a really bad stomach ache and diarrhoea. Do you think it could be the drink. Any suggestions if I should keep taking it

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I've always taken it in pill form 1 a day (1 billion active cultures), never had a problem in fact it finally cleared up my diarrhea and loose bowels.

• Posted

There have been tests done by  universities in London that probiotics in pill form never survive the stomach acid so they dont do anything ,they say its a placebo affect.Sorry.
    • Posted

Do you take probiotics. If so what do you take
    • Posted

That's OK, I guess  I'm proof they work sometimes. I had bad issues after having complications from my gall bladder taken out in 2001 and they did help me get back on track and now this time also.

• Posted

I eat yogurt instead because the probotic pills make me nauseated , dirreah and stomach issues.
    • Posted

I eat "Greek Chobani"  its great plus has 20 grams of protien the vallina does and the plain has 22 gram of protien which on the plain I just top with honey I LOVE IT!

• Posted

We don't have that yogurt in the UK or I haven't seen it in the supermarkets

• Posted

Susan, it's okay , just eat any yogurt that you do have it will help. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.