Stomach pain after drinking and sometimes eating, had for over 4 months, any help would be great

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, New on here. A bit over 4 months ago I started feeling a bit off and having stomach issues, this was round the same time I injured my neck at gym and started feeling spaced out now and then. Glasses helped with the spaced out feeling, but it's worse in big shops and malls. Anyway the worst pain with my stomach I get after drinking water, it is worst in the mornings and night and the more I drink the more painful it gets. Most of the pain subsides after a couple of minutes but I get the odd pain throughout the day and when I tap on my stomach or push it out. This is mainly with water but sometimes get a few sharp pains after eating or with food in the morning I get a couple of minutes of pain about 15 minutes after I've eaten. My appetite was huge before this, 5 plus meals a day even though I'm slim. But these days I've lost a lot of that. I am usually fine by tea and have no problems eating it. I've been to the doctor twice, first time he gave me anti nausia pills (1 week) and the second time he gave me omeprazole which after a coouple days or so made everything go away, no pain after water, way better appetite, no bloating.. I took for 3 weeks then after I stopped it came back. I had blood test done for check aswell and had no issues. I was in another town a week ago, was fine when I got out the car then in the shop started feeling pretty off and spaced out, gut startted feeling sick to the point I thought I'd have to go to the toilet to be sick. It cut my trip short and I had to lie down rest of day then go home. Ever since I had a gross kindof sick feeling in my gut that comes and goes. I went back to the doctor 5 days ago and he told me to take the rest of my pills, Ive been on them for 5 days now but still get pain after drinking and after tea lastnight I felt sick. I get aches in my back now and then aswell, mostly when Lying down. He thought anxiety could be doing some of it to me due to the public situations thing, but I need to get rid of this gross feeling in my gut. Thinking of going to the hospital soon.. Sorry for the giant page I wrote but I thought it's better to fully explain.. Also this doesn't effect my toilet habits up until today in which I've hd to urinate alot but I'm pretty scared

Regan

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also I'd like to add that the pain is mostly in the middle below the ribs and maybe slightly to the left. sitting up straight at a chair I dont notice it but it hurts if I tap it, press hard or push it out
    • Posted

Hi, Maybe you have an ulcer which my doctor told me can go hand in hand with silent reflux and all that other good stuff lol. The trouble with my ulcer was that I didn't know I even had it until it decided to perforate. You would be well aware of the pain which is just under the ribs because it is excruciating to say the least. I needed emergency surgery that evening to patch it up. It was my fault however in a way because I was popping Advil all day that day for a major toothache and you DON'T take Nsaids when you have an ulcer...even though I wasn't aware of it. But because you have some discomfort below your ribs it may be a duodenal ulcer. Even if it is though all you can do for it is take PPI's and don't eat foods that aggravate it. AND do not take Nsaids like Advil , Ibuprofin , Excedrin, Aspirin etc. Stick to Tylenol if possible. Anyway you likly don't have one but just a thought. I suffer from silent reflux with all the horrible symptoms . I was diagnosed with SR long before the ulcer too.
  • Posted

sorry for ur situation but i have in there about 4 years ago. omeprazole is the onky relief i could find then. last year i decided to have an endoscopy and thats where i found out ny abdominal pains and symptons were due to a hiatal hernia, gastritis and some stomach lining sores. please have an upper endoscopy if u havent done that yet. thats all i can advise for now.
    • Posted

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. Did you have this for long before you had that done? and after the check did everything get sorted?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.