stomach pain and other symptoms for the last 11 years can anyone help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 16 currently and ever since I was a little girl I have always had stomach issues

I have had colonoscapy and endoscopy and they found ulcers in my duodenum, minor gastritis but no helicobacter pylori, microabscesses in the surface of the epithelium of terminal ileum And Inflammation in the colonic series. this was in 2010 I was prescribed lanzoprazole 30mg for 6 weeks. I then went back to the hospital after receiving no relief of pain and was given movicol then more visits came and each time they upped the movicol, I ended up being on 15 sachets a day even though I had no trouble going to the toilet, just incredible pain when I was eating and a dull ache all the time. I am now 16 and have been checked for colonic cancer, helicobacter, crohns disease, irritable bowls disease and much more, I am getting to the point where I can't go on like this for much longer and I am afraid of eating because of the pain, can anyone help? sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I actually think movical irratates the bowel.and triggers off the ibs. What do you take for the ibs
    • Posted

They said I don't have ibs and a differnt doctor said I defiantly shouldn't have been put on movicol, as there was no need

thank you so much for your reply

• Posted

if you dont have trouble going to the loo you dont need movicol. sounds like an acid problem. see if you can get oesomeprazole, its stronger than lanzoprasole and works better. its the only thing that helped me, along with liquid antacids (not tablets)
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply

I forgot to say I've had oesomeprazole too at quite a high dose too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.