stomach problems and nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

​Ive got moderately severe DD and the usual symptoms, but I also have severe nausea and a sore tummy.

​Is this normal?I cant keep any food down and am afraid i may get cancer etc.Doctor said DD may be a presursor for bowel cancer.

​Im going in for endoscopy/colonoscopy in a few weeks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My doctior has never said that... Some people have lived with this disease for 10 plus years.  Has anyone else been told that it is Precursor to C?
  • Posted

You mean DV?? Diverticulitis?

There is no connected cancer risk.

• Posted

yes ,Dv is what i meant. How about the stomach stuff and nausea?
    • Posted

I still get the nausea even after the antibotics been off the antibotics for about a week maybe a little more...my stomach still not great! Prune juice keeps me very gassy, runs and bloating.
  • Posted

The nausea and sore tummy are all normal symptoms of DD, cancer is not ,get some Fybogel to regulate transit thru your bowel and drink plenty of water,this was my doctors advice after experiencing the same symptoms and having a colonoscopy ,I do still have little flare ups from time to time but nothing so bad as I have to have antibiotics .You will get better.
  • Posted

How long have you been being sick for? It may be unconnected to the DV but I would go back to the doctor. One of the risks to DV is infection from food in the pockets that can be a bit nasty. If left then can cause a absces that can burst or perforate. Your best option would be to make sure they send you to hospital or go to the walk in centre if the doc fobs you off. They can run all the normal tests and give you anti sickness drugs. Chances are it's not and that's why I asked how long as it could be a number of things like food poisoning but this would only last a few days at most. If you are being sick to much you can start to bring up the stomach lining

So get some help with this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.