Stone back in kidney???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Husband has a 5mm stone and the doctor is not being very helpful. He went for an X-ray yesterday and she said that it looked like the stone had been in the ureter but was back in the kidney. She was unable to give me reasons this happens and simply said sometimes that just happens. He's going on 11 days since he started treatment. Anyone have any suggestions?

He's taking flomax and norco and the meds mess him all up.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa, in my experience after having a double blockage and 5 stones they concentrate on blockages and urgent issues to ensure kidney and bladder function is good.

I had two procedures for the blockages in hospital which was mainly stenting the blockages.

I later had a lythotropsy but fortunately the stents had cleared the blockaged. I still have a 7 mm stone in one kidney and two in the other anf hes leaving them in with a view to see me in 12 monthds .

Im in much the same situation tbh but i am extremely grateful for the treatment that saved my kidneys on the day .

Hope all goes well and he gets answers

• Posted

A 5 mm stone. I saw a urologist on Tuesday and he told me my stone was about 3 cm. Far too big to either pass or blast.

They are going to remove the stone surgically at some point this year.

Is your husband getting a lot of pain and stomach cramps with this stone?

If so Buscopan may well help.  You can only get it on prescription.

Sometimes the doctors really don't know why these things happen so probably better to be honest than to try and pretend they know everything.

Hope you get this sorted soon.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.