Stop taking meds

Posted , 8 users are following.

HEY CAN ANYBODY HELP ME I WAS ON PROZAC AND LORAZAPRAM AND I STOP TAKING THEM ABOUT A WEEK AND NOW I'M HAVING HEADACHES ON ONE SIDE OF MY FACE AND MY DOWN IN MY JAW AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW COULD THIS BE A WITH DRAW OR SINUS HEADACHES

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It could be withdrawal symptoms, but I urge you to seek a medical opinion in case it's more serious.
  • Posted

Hi could you give us a bit more info. How much was you taking and for how long and did you stop cold turkey or taper. Thanks 
    • Posted

MY LORAZEPAM WANT 1MG AND MY PROZAC WAS 20 MG AND I HAD BEEN ON THEM FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND BASICALLY I STOP COLD TURKEY BUT CAN I START BACK TAKING THEM IF IT AIN'T TO LATE
    • Posted

I have a question how did the prozac and lorazepam work for you? How long did it take you to feel the effects.
  • Posted

when you say you stopped taking them about a week ago do you mean you just stopped?! If you have done this of your own accord then you have made a big mistake as what you are experiencing are withdrawal symptoms - very unpleasant ones. If the doctor weaned you of these drugs slowly and you finished last week and you are now experiencing these problems it could be neuralgia, sinus headaches affect your ears and nose.
    • Posted

I STOP ON MY OWN BUT I DIDN'T TRY I HAD MISS SOME DAYS AND NEVER TOOK THEM AGAIN BUT I WANT TO START BACK TAKING THEM IS IT TO LATE
  • Posted

Can i ask what was your dosage? Did it help your anxiety. Reason i ask is i am on the sane stuff.Thanks
    • Posted

MY PROZAC IS 20 MG AND MY LORAZEPAM IS 1 MG AND THEY HELP ME JUST FINE MY ANXIETY WAS FINE U DIDN'T HAVE NO ATTACK OR NOTHING THAT'S WHY I'M BOUT TO START BACK TAKING THEM
  • Posted

How many MG of each med were you taking a day , you cannot just stop meds lorazapam is a nightmare to detox
    • Posted

SO WAT CAN I DO CAUSE IT ON ONE SIDE OF MY FACE AND DOWN IN MY JAW PLEASE HELP CAUSE I AM GETTING KINDA SCARED OVER HERE
    • Posted

Dear Takela

Having read through the replies you've had so far, I fully support every comment. I am not speaking as an observer, but as someone who has been in a similar situation.

There is a great deal I would like to say, but I will only be repeating what others have said by using different words. Having said that, there are two things I would like to stress.

Firstly, Lorazepam is highly addictive and very fast acting. It gives you a short-term kick and is metabolised by your system more quickly than other drugs in the Benzodiazepine family. This can be an advantage under specific circumstances for some patients, but really only for very brief use.

Effective though they are, the downside is that this is one of the most unpleasant drugs to withdraw from, and you can experience some really horrible symptoms.

You are worrying about resuming your dose. If you have been taking them and stopped suddenly, then there is no reason not to resume pending expert advice.

On your final point you made in reply to DYSLEXIC, I think most people would say if that is how you feel, then seek professional medical support/advice without further delay. This may be nothing more than panic induced by stopping your Lorazepam, but that is not guaranteed.

If you are in distress, seek help now, even if you just ask for support from a family member or friend that can help you and decide if anything practical should be done.

We will all be thinking of you and wishing you well.

• Posted

Call your GP and explain. They may want to give you something now. Or emergency care if GP is not available. Don't get scared. It is just you needing to get back on track, and anxiety is trying to kick in. Give them a call. I am sure easy fix xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.